project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Resolution on 2.5  (Read 6076 times)

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Resolution on 2.5
« on: August 21, 2013, 12:57:07 am »
I just downloaded for the first time the 2.5 version of the game (last Nightly Build). At first it seems that resolution and graphics are not so sharp as before. Maybe its just me (last time I played the game was 1 year ago perhaps, 2.4 version).

Also, when I choose resolution it seems that they are not fitting to the screen very well.

At last, what can I do to improve graphics? Should I choose jpg textures, TGA...?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Resolution on 2.5
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 09:22:56 am »
I just downloaded for the first time the 2.5 version of the game (last Nightly Build). At first it seems that resolution and graphics are not so sharp as before. Maybe its just me (last time I played the game was 1 year ago perhaps, 2.4 version).

Also, when I choose resolution it seems that they are not fitting to the screen very well.

At last, what can I do to improve graphics? Should I choose jpg textures, TGA...?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Texture format option is for screenshots only (in which format do you want them to be generated).

I don't think we changed anything around the quality (other than changing some textures from jpeg to png to improve it). You can try increasing the Texture Resolution Cap and disabling Texture Compression on the Advanced tab. I don't know if it helps.

The game is optimized for 1024x768 base resolution and then scaled if other selected. So, you could check 1024x768 windowed mode for the actual image quality. If it's good enough there you might have a bigger monitor since your last try. :)

Resolution not fitting to the screen: Explain, pls...

-geever

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Resolution on 2.5
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:42:31 am »
Ok, that should help. Thanks! :)