project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: GUI and menu suggestions  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Lynol

• Rookie
    • View Profile
GUI and menu suggestions
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:58:11 pm »
I'd describe many of these as "unnecessary comfort":  ;)

Is it possible to show the current amount of availbale TUs in the equipment menu and how it changes after applying weight instead of the warning messages ("Not enough TUs available for: doing X") ?
Maybe putting a growing red bar over the speed bar or something similar.

In the equipment menu, would it be possible to display a health bar along with the soldiers' physical stats (similar to the "employees" menu when you hire staff)?

Is it possible to have the physical stats improvements displayed in some way somehwere else than just in the "Aircraft" - "Soldiers" submenu ? (which has ye olde bright green stat bars)

Is it possible to disable the mouse wheel for selling/buying when on the "Buy/Sell" screen? I reflexively try to scroll the list up and down via wheel, but I find my cursor accidentally hovering over the buy/sell buttons more often when not.
This is not a big problem now, since you can just sell/buy for the same price at the moment. But if you change the economy in the future, this might prove to be slightly counter-intuitive (since my puny brain expects mouse wheel == primarily for scrolling, not for gameplay affecting menu actions).

Could the "Item Cost" be renamed "Production Cost" or something like that in the "Production" menu? This might be unecessary when items won't be produced at market value in the future (ATM I thought it was conviniently showing the price at which I could sell the produced item, but it's just what needs to be paid for production).

In the options menu, something is wonky with the HUD options. It does not always show correctly which UI is used (alternative HUD when standard HUD is selected etc.). But after a restart it usually reverts to the correct selection.

Is it possible to display the amount of TUs left after giving a potential move order instead of showing how many TUs it will cost? So currently:    current COST [current TUs]    to just    [TUs left after move] 
I don't mind subtracting to see if I still have left enough for firing a weapon after moving, but why not make the info available at one glance?