project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Researching  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Wolls

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Researching
« on: November 21, 2012, 02:30:30 am »
   This happens when researching an Alien tech(eg Alien body armour), after a mission from a seperate base if you sell all recovered(eg Alien body armour) from that base, then your scientists(at first base) are set idle and your research on that tech stops.  Despite there being(eg Alien body armour) in stock at the base doing the researching.

Also,  does the base-->research  screen have any kind of scroll bar? I'm playing on hard (early game; simply cannot keep up) and I'm sure I have more research proposals, but the screen only shows.. 11 proposals at a time.  When I complete a research another one shows up, so its workable.

I don't think I have to research in a certain order here, they are all active proposals.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Researching
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:31 am »
This happens when researching an Alien tech(eg Alien body armour), after a mission from a seperate base if you sell all recovered(eg Alien body armour) from that base, then your scientists(at first base) are set idle and your research on that tech stops.  Despite there being(eg Alien body armour) in stock at the base doing the researching.

Can you please give some step-by-step description for how to reproduce this? And maybe attach a savegame where it would be easy to do so.

I noticed something like this, but did not see the context between selling that item and research stopping.

Also,  does the base-->research  screen have any kind of scroll bar? I'm playing on hard (early game; simply cannot keep up) and I'm sure I have more research proposals, but the screen only shows.. 11 proposals at a time.  When I complete a research another one shows up, so its workable.

There was a recent problem with the UI. This should be solved in the latest build.

I don't think I have to research in a certain order here, they are all active proposals.

Items that are not researchable have their own section, below the others. Beside that, you should be free to choose.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:16:34 am »
Can you please give some step-by-step description for how to reproduce this? And maybe attach a savegame where it would be easy to do so.

I noticed something like this, but did not see the context between selling that item and research stopping.

I remember mattn hardened that check recently, maybe missed a check for the base of the research.
Create a ticket, I think I can fix it up quickly - hopefully tonight.

-geever

Offline Wolls

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:17:46 pm »
   From the save, (COS - 1 is north pole, Base X - 2 is South pole, or just click right arrow at Base screen) on the base-->COS - 1-->research, says Scientists (available/all): 0/50 and on the screen: Alien Propulsion.-->10 scientists... @ 0.3%  ***** ELECTROMAGNETIC = 95.3% NANO = 95.3% UFO - FIGHTER = 15.7% ALIEN TAMAN = 73.9% ALIEN SHEVAAR = 73.9% and PARTICLE BEAM WEAPON = 20.2 ***** So wait/ speed up time or just  go strait to Base X - 2, so "Buy/Sell" -->sell all "Craft Items"-->"Alien Propulsion" from that Base(Base X - 2)... once you sell all related material (Alien Propulsion)  from Base X - 2 --->Buy/Sell-->Craft Items-->Alien Propulsion(2 to sell:one to buy, so sell the 2) and  then all the research stops at COS - 1 base; so go back to COS - 1-->REsearch and now  Alien Propulsion is still at 0.3% and  Scientists (Available/all): 10:50   ... i.e. 10 Sci were researching "Alien Propulsion" and now none are, so the 10 are now idle.  From COS - 1-->Buy/Sell--> Craft Items--> you can see there is still  1 Alien Propulsion at Base COS - 1, so why does the research stop??   (The way the auto sell works, ob all items are connected)

UFO: Alien Invasion 2.5-dev IA-32 Nov 20 2012 Win32 DEBUG build 1353370042
what i was using
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:58:01 pm by Wolls »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:05:12 pm »
I remember mattn hardened that check recently, maybe missed a check for the base of the research.
Create a ticket, I think I can fix it up quickly - hopefully tonight.

Was an old code (from March), it didn't check for the research-base, as expected. Fixed in latest master.

-geever