project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't weaken crashed UFOs?  (Read 4333 times)

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Can't weaken crashed UFOs?
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:27:34 pm »
So I had a team of plasma fodd- new recruits go and take on a UFO. They all died but killed 4 of 8 aliens. When I sent the next batch in there were again 8 aliens.

This sort of discourages the player from accepting anything less than a total victory. I'd have been happy to send waves of less than stellar recruits in but I take a hit in relations for every attempt that results in less than victory and I can't do any permanent damage to the crash site.

Failure being a little less severe would encourage less save scumming and wider tactics. Also I have to wonder if this oversight could be abused... sending a strong raid team to weak crash sites and killing all but a couple, taking all the stuff you can, evacing and repeating to farm alien gear.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Can't weaken crashed UFOs?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:39:53 pm »
Maybe in 2.6. I wanna make a change in alien team generation which supports this feature but we have many features on our plates already.

-geever

Offline DexCisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:59:38 pm »
Another thing that might be considered is to have the aliens that have crashed be less than full health, or potentially even dead, depending on the condition of their ship.  It makes sense and would make crash missions play differently than landings.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:04:24 pm »
Another thing that might be considered is to have the aliens that have crashed be less than full health, or potentially even dead, depending on the condition of their ship.  It makes sense and would make crash missions play differently than landings.

Already happens.

Offline DexCisco

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:09:59 pm »
Sounds like you guys are on the ball.  :D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 12:06:17 am »
Please open a Feature Request Ticket for the original idea so it doesn't get forgotten.

-geever

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 12:21:42 am »
Done, but I accidently left it as 3D Engine not Gameplay and lack the permissions to change it now.