project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Solar plant RMA map 2.0  (Read 28293 times)

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Solar plant RMA map 2.0
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 07:02:46 pm »
Hi Latino210. I went in to fix this bug, and I noticed that a lot of the objects in your map are poorly aligned to the grid. Have a look at the image of the couch in sp_east.map (attached). Because the areas of the couch so poorly align to the grid, there are a lot of grid spots where a player might think he could put a soldier, but where he shouldn't be able to, because the couch overlaps more than 4 units into that grid. You should try repositioning and resizing the couch so that it fits better into the grid system and provides more expected behaviour on which grids are and are not accessible. You should do this with all the objects in your map.

And then you should add actorclip brushes to make sure soldiers can't stand on top of objects they shouldn't be able to, as shown in the forum post linked at the start of this post.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2013, 02:11:04 pm »
Sorry for not answering before, I had a lot of RL problems. I think you are talking about the grid X 32, right? I just forgot to align the couches in the recreation area...

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2013, 05:16:19 pm »
I fixed some of this in between, so you need to check out the actual version before working on this.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2013, 01:30:19 am »
Yes, I see that you have already put the Actorclips where needed. Too bad that the lighting bug is here again, the edges of the tiles show daylight seeping through the ground. What the hell...

Offline mikehg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2014, 04:49:21 am »
Excuse the necropost, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere better to report this minor map bug, probably doesn't really warrant a bug report.

There is a tile just in front of the forklift lying on its side in the long hallway that a squad member can get 'stuck' in - they can walk in standing up, but only get back out crouching, and there's no visible reason why.

Nice map though (nice game too!)

Cheers.

(compiled from git master (I guess that makes it 2.6-dev) on Debian 64, used the update.py script to download the maps, so it all should be near enough the latest)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:51:18 am by mikehg »

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:18 am »
Excuse the necropost, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere better to report this minor map bug, probably doesn't really warrant a bug report.

You can use the bug section(s) in our forums to report stuff like this. OC it still runs the risk of getting lost, so our tracker would be best.

There is a tile just in front of the forklift lying on its side in the long hallway that a squad member can get 'stuck' in - they can walk in standing up, but only get back out crouching, and there's no visible reason why.

Fixed it. Thanks for reporting.

Offline mikehg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2014, 02:07:28 pm »
You can use the bug section(s) in our forums to report stuff like this. OC it still runs the risk of getting lost, so our tracker would be best.

Noted for the future - thanks for the quick fix.