project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Impressions of 2.5 11/1/12  (Read 8352 times)

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Impressions of 2.5 11/1/12
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 12:21:35 pm »
I'm thinking it might be worth arming people with pistols in one hand and combat knives in the other. I've never used knives so I don't know if they're faster than plasma pistols. But at least they'll be able to take out the alien before they bleed out.

---

Edit: Yup, that seems to be the trick. Soldiers are disposable assets.

Two things. One of the tips of the day is about grenades, and says tossing them around your own trips, instead of troops.

The other is, I think we could benefit from the hospital tool tip telling us what the penalty is for wounded arms, Legs etc. I know arms cost two more TU to do things. Fortunately it doesn't seem to hurt aim.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:56:12 pm by Triaxx2 »

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »
I'm thinking it might be worth arming people with pistols in one hand and combat knives in the other...

Spess Mehrens!

We already have powered armour, so I'll now start lobbying for chainswords and Gyrojet weapons.

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 01:31:23 am »
A bit late. I finally got through the mission, and once you get around that want to keep your troops alive, it's much easier. I've actually just finished a lull. Got through the harbor mission, lucky spawn.

Okay, so while I dislike the combat wounding system, the hospital has been seriously improved. There's actually a benefit to having one now.

I like the stun rods. Works well. One complaint is that half-way through or so, there's a message talking about Stun Grenades. Are these not implimented yet? Or later tech? Either way, that's the first mention, and there's nothing I can do for them. A mis-print?

One point of balance is that 5000 alien materials seems to be a bit expensive for the Dragon Interceptor. That's 17 landed scouts. I'm not sure the exact return from the larger ships, but it seems a bit over the top, particularly for the first of the alien tech interceptors.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:40:36 am by Triaxx2 »

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »
Alien material/antimatter numbers have not yet been balanced for disassembly/production.

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »
Yeah, that needs some sharp looking at. Should be about 3k for the Dragon and a much sharper up tick in materials from the various ships. The Harvester has far more than 800 Alien materials in it. Should be more like 1000-1200.

Two questions then: If I were to modify the numbers would they only effect a new game? And which of the files are they stored in?