project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Is there a new Stable version coming out and if so, when..?  (Read 2574 times)

Offline chris.staddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Is there a new Stable version coming out and if so, when..?
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:32:11 pm »
A number of the comments & posts allude to a 2.5 "Stable" version but I can't find a timeline, launch date or anything like that.
Do we know when (if?) a new Stable Version of the game will be coming out or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a new Stable version coming out and if so, when..?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 12:56:50 am »
A new stable version will be coming out. When is another question entirely.

Offline chris.staddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 01:16:21 am »
Happy days! I'm happy with UFO as it stands though keeping fingers crossed the radar coverage improves a bit - in real life, air traffic control covers a far wider range than in the game... the UK ATC can even track Stealth - not too long ago one kept radio silence thinking UK ATC couldn't possibly be talking to him... till they pointed out not only was he visible - but he was also on collision course with a passenger jet...

Offline Bonzo

• Global Moderator
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:51:56 am »
I am so excited about a stable 2.5, and I know for every day it's under development the better it will be.

@chris.staddon,
I like the limited range. Much scarier. Given the aliens' stealth tech (orders of magnitude beyond humanities' imagination) probably actively hacks our best detection systems, no wonder we can't see anything until we've nicked their tech from their craft eh?