project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Radiant stopped working...  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
Radiant stopped working...
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:48:51 pm »
Hi, friends

My UFOradiant 1.5.0 stopped working, giving me this message at startup. It works fine, but it cannot place entities and the saved maps cannot be compiled. I've tried reloading the package and reinstalling, no effect. By the way, I've never got the UFOradiant 1.6.0 working, it just does not anything when I double click, I only get the UFORadiant process in the task manager. Can anyone help?

UPDATE: I managed to get the 1.5 working by deleting the "camera" entity in the entity.ufo, but the 1.6 is still not working. I am using the one that comes with the UFO2.5 dev package.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:00:53 pm by Latino210 »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Radiant stopped working...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 01:46:32 pm »
you have recompile uforadiant - we've updated the entity definitions and added a new type for booleans.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »
All right, thanks. May I have a non-geek guide on how to compile the radiant?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:58:20 pm »
The wiki describes Getting the source. Although, in my experience this is not of great help for somebody who is not already familiar with this. If you have problems, I recommend jumping into the irc #UFOAI and ask for somebody to help you.

On the other hand, if you are on Windows®, there is still Mutons build tool, which works fine and is easy to use.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:58:31 pm »
All right, thanks, I will check on the ufo irc later, hoping that somebody is there at 23 GMT. I just hope that some kind soul will recompile the radiant and post it on the download page sooner.