project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Need in Alien captives  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Need in Alien captives
« on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:56 pm »
It isn't as much a feature request as a Research info erratum description.
I post here nonetheless.

It is about the death occurrence in Containment Unit, and the needed number of them.

Spoiler:

1°) Death in Containment Unit :

In various research reports, both from the Biology and the Engineering Departments, it is stated that captives are dying, even to the point that a steady flow of them is needed.

Questioning, before Serum is researched. You could have some Suicide events, too.
Weapons test and development  (not only gas grenades, it could just be virtually any advanced weapon for penetration tests, when dead Aliens are not sufficient  :-[ ).

2°) Pool size :

Lore-wise, I wonder what benefit building a bigger collective mind up would be ?
More on the Communication research tree (discovering how two C.U. in separate bases are faintly linked) ?
More/faster cooperation ?
Alien Base location ?

As non desired side effects :
Information leaks in benefit to the non captive Aliens ?
More/meaner Base attacks (calls for rescue) ?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Need in Alien captives
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:21:47 pm »
I can not even figure out what you're trying to say. Your english seems fine, just explain in more detail.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Need in Alien captives
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 12:33:56 am »
Forget the penetration tests, there are nowhere mentioned. Sorry.

Reading again the po file, what I mean about death in Containment Units is according to :

mail_stunned_alien_died

First time you bring back a stuned Alien : This one is ok, as you get a corpse in stead of an alive Alien.

alien_breathing_txt

States that the alien breathing apparatus has a 24H autonomy. I guess that crashed UFO can still supply these apparatus. Letting the Alien die before securing the site would be easy and not fair (not so easy if there are concurrent/local organizations, as requested elsewhere).

alien_communication_pre_txt

(i think things are scrambled here in v2.4:  french version is the translation of the alien_communication_text bellow, which is in place of its own translation.)

alien_communication_txt

(In place of a french translation, there is a text in english)
The aliens are very reticent and require a great deal of chemical encouragement in order to put them into a more helpful frame of mind. The casualty rate has been high
I must also stress that we require a healthy influx of new alien specimens in order to replace losses.

universal_serum_pre_txt

[Le sérum de vérité] produit une réaction allergique létale chez la plupart des aliens lorsque nous ne réduisons pas les doses
Si un seul membre de la ruche meurt,
Approximate translation :
"[The truth drug] induces a lethal allergic reaction with most aliens when we do not reduce the dose"
"If only one hive member die,"

universal_serum_txt

et le nombre de sujets succombant aux interrogatoires a baissé de façon significative.
Approximate translation :
"and the number of subjects succumbing to the questioning is significantly lower."

Rest of message are request features.