project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Coilgun animations  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Coilgun animations
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:34:39 pm »
Are they correct ?

What I see in v2.4 :

- Instant shot : 1 shot for X damages (non checked). TUs real cost is according to UFOpaedia.
The animation shows a small white "smoky" circle traveling along with the load. May be it is a shock wave ?

- Auto mode (three shots) : 3 simultaneous widespread shots (trident pattern) for 3*X damages (non checked). TUs real cost is ok.
The animation shows one traveling circle along the aiming line, and two, Y degrees each sides.

- Aimed shot : 2 to 3 (?) consecutive shots along the aiming line for X damages (non checked). TUs real cost is still ok.
The animation shows three chained circles.

My point is :

Either "aiming" means just "taking time" to have a precise single shot, just as with the sniper rifle, and animation for aimed shot should be the same as for the instant shot, or

"aiming" means "applying punishment a longer time", as it could be, say for the continuous fire a LASER weapon's (although not implemented for LASERs in-game), and damage should be greater than the instant shot's.

What do you think ?

(I suspect this not being a bug, rather a design flaw).

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Coilgun animations
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:17:05 pm »
I think you are referring to the Bolter (Electromagnetic Rifle). The Coilgun doesn't have a burst mode (3 shots), but in 2.4 the Bolter does have 3 shots. It also has a bug with the aimed shot like you describe (two shots apparently fire).

This has been fixed in 2.5-dev.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:54:08 pm »
Yes, I am ! Sorry. So the coilgun is the english name for the advanced EM gun, I guess.

By the way, the mini shotgun had a similar problem similar (more on it when I play again), but  it is fixed for 6 months too, isn't it ?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 11:04:44 pm »
Yeah, shotguns are one-shot only now.