project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [UFO:AI v2.2.1 MOD] Weapons Mk. II  (Read 24062 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO:AI v2.2.1 MOD] Weapons Mk. II
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 05:26:45 pm »
2.3 is vastly different from 2.2.1, almost a whole new game - the mod would probably have to be re-done head to toe for 2.3, or at least most of it.

Offline tobbe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 07:47:11 pm »
2.3 is vastly different from 2.2.1, almost a whole new game - the mod would probably have to be re-done head to toe for 2.3, or at least most of it.

what a pity...but i still hope for some information how to implement new/different weapons and ammo into the game...while trying to use existing models :)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:28:14 pm »
Much of the game can be changed by simply altering the script files, no programming knowledge is necessary.

All the scripts are in .ufo files, in the "ufo" folder (or pk3, just re-name it to have a .zip extension and un-pack it), and they can be edited with any text editor.  If you're on Windows, I'd recommend WordPad, not NotePad, because NotePad won't format lines nice and neat making it hard to read the files.

The .ufo files are mostly in plain English, with comments to help understand what the parameters and values do.

Please note that many things are controlled by *multiple* .ufo files - for example if you want to add a new weapon to the game, you need to not only add the model, but also update the research tree, the script for the market if you want it to be available, and the weapon file to add firedefs (and a few other files as well).

I suggest reading through *all* the .ufo script files *before* changing things, to get a good idea of how they work and interact to make things in the game how they are.

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 11:59:29 am »
2.1 and 2.3 differ a lot. You would need to extract my changes and then put them directly into the 2.3 files. Then see if it works. Maybe I will have a look at it but I have not seen this game in 3 months so it will take me some time to remember what I have done in the first place.

Offline Valaska

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »
That is exactly the feeling I get. I want to cut down all side-arms except the semi-machine gun as it is the only worth having. Later plasma pistol takes its role nicely.

The semi automatic pistol is great, and the laser pistol is even better, the two best side arms in the game in my opinion.. I dunno what you dislike about them lol.

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 05:45:36 pm »
For some strange reason the 2.3 game does not run on my computer. I have black geoscope and that is all. So sorry but no update in the near future :/ as I was fighting with it for 3h with no results. My linux version is out of date and lately I only run my WinXP to play some FfH2.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 07:43:35 pm »
For some strange reason the 2.3 game does not run on my computer. I have black geoscope and that is all. So sorry but no update in the near future :/ as I was fighting with it for 3h with no results. My linux version is out of date and lately I only run my WinXP to play some FfH2.

Try disabling Postprocessing effects first, then GLSL shaders if the first one was not enough. It's usually a shader problem.

-geever

Offline XPCgamer

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 10:40:15 am »
No download Link ?