project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Possible music contribution  (Read 4850 times)

Offline ergotoxin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Possible music contribution
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:42:48 pm »
Hi, just posting a track I mentioned in my previous topic.

It's a beatless darkbient work mostly inspired by soundtracks of UFO:AI and X-Com:Apocalypse, so I guess it might work as a Geosphere track? Let me know if you like it, or if theres anything wrong with it :)

Hope you'll enjoy it  ;D Here's the link:

http://speedy.sh/CvQAb/et-flatwoodsincident.rar

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
Re: Possible music contribution
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:17:42 am »
Well i am sorry but this won't fit at all. I hope i don't sound too harsh but its too emtpy, it lacks a core melody and it lacks in variety. Sorry if i "destroyed" your expectations. :/ If you can expand the track, you'll probably could make a cool track out of it.

Offline ergotoxin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:43:40 pm »
No problem, this was really rather a sound test than a full lenght track  :)

Offline krilain

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:57:06 am »
Well i am sorry but this won't fit at all. I hope i don't sound too harsh but its too emtpy, it lacks a core melody and it lacks in variety. Sorry if i "destroyed" your expectations. :/ If you can expand the track, you'll probably could make a cool track out of it.
What is your music scheme for ambiant? I mean, do you use the same format (or nearly for each sound you produce for such or such a scene - like battlescape, geoscape .etc..) . For instance do you want always a music loop of let's say 3 minutes including a low introduction, then a silence, then a crescendo and so on, free to composer to fill with something that fetch to the initial global constraint?

I ask that because if you prototype your soundtracks like that, contributors should know easily what you are waiting for in general and would just concentrate on dressing the skeletton.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:59:31 am by krilain »