project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Reaction fire & TU reservation  (Read 10527 times)

Offline tembero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction fire & TU reservation
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 04:15:30 pm »
I like the global tu reservation idea, If I have to walk my soldiers across the entire map for the instance of a sole remaining bloodspider. I would only want reservation when nearing the target and rarely after setting individual allocations do the reactions mode gets used. A 1-click global Reservation generally allows for some minor tactical refinement before the assault.

On the individual TU reservation quite often I find I have not allowed a spare TU for directional positioning, so I have effectively stored TU's whilst "not" peeking around a corner. Perhaps some options like save "10 Tu's" , "15 Tu's", "20 Tu's" maybe of benefit.

On the business of automation, is it not possible to have a continue to target feature whereby if you select a point on the other side of the map the soldier will automatically head to that point if he has unallocated, unreserved TU's at the end of the turn, or on a global "continue action" button.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 10:29:33 am »
So you think about an "alarm bell" button,  when all the team stand on alert again with a single click (e.g. crouching, reserving TU for reaction fire, etc.)
It could be handy, but wouldn't this be better suited for a RTS gameplay, where you don't have time to manage individual units when an ambush is spotted on?

Offline Seerorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 11:11:24 pm »
Reaction fire should work entirely differently from normal shooting in my opinion. You should need a basic amount of TU's to reserve for it but it's a fix amount. Wich is not for the exact shooting but for the getting ready to shoot. Soldiers should firfe in two modes(three with fully automatic). If an alien walks in range and is far  your soldiers should instantly fire a snapshot at him, and repeat it every time the alien uses the amount of TUs needed for the snapshot from that gun. On the other hand. Alien running up to you and is pretty damn close, the soldier should fire as much as fast as he/she can. Basically spray and pray. Pretty low accuracy high ammo consumption but chance to simply mow down even pretty hard aliens if they try to melee a soldier. Cause they will simply will get massacred. Even in real life you could never walk up to an assault rifle wielding person and kill him with a blade. Especially not if he/she is standing ready to take anything down.