project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Playing 2-5 dev  (Read 7847 times)

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Playing 2-5 dev
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 04:26:41 pm »
-heavy needler seems to inflict same damage as standard one
This, in fact it inflicts the same damage per bullet BUT it fires less bullets for the same fire modes, uses more TUs, is less accurate AND despite firing less bullets it uses the same amount of ammo...

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »
I've set ammo count to match number of shots for heavy needler, but this is just a temporary adjustment to make in-game info more accurate. The needlers currently cause crashes due to the high number of shots, so we can't use the high volume of shots expected in the needlers. We need to simulate it somehow in 2.5, or at least just turn down the number of shots to a more reasonable amount. That will require a rethink on the resistance ratings for needlers, damage values, etc.

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 07:52:51 pm »
A solution might be to calculate multiple damage numbers on each individual shot, so one shot might do 3, 1, 6 damage. (With a 0 counting as a complete miss for a 'shot'.) I haven't looked into the back end because my coding abilities are lacking.

Who's in charge of doing the numerical balancing? I can't code, and I've tried doing maps to no avail, but I can do balancing. I'll be happy to help with that if I can. Because seriously. As of 2.4, snipers are all but useless until we get the bolter because they can't move and shoot with any reasonable accuracy.

I do think that we need to adjust the prices so we can make a profit from selling things, but that's not relevant to weapons.