project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: chars had no health  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Timo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
chars had no health
« on: August 13, 2012, 08:40:02 am »
Odd bug, can't reproduce, but figured I should inform about it anyway (if this is old I couldn't find it with search)

I got a mission about crashed fighter and pressed "auto" to get back in more interesting things. To my surprise all of my chars died, and there was "try again" button. Pressed it got in normal mission (not auto) and noticed that only two of my eight chars had weapons and armor, others had only what was in their backpack or in belt, and every single one had zero health. I think I actually got message about civilian getting killed when one of my chars died.

Every retry produced same situation, so I finally load a lot earlier game.

Only thing that was different than all the previous missions was that I had put some weapons, soldiers and other stuff in transit to other base when I got this mission, perhaps managed to transport some of the soldiers that were assigned to dropship (stuff didn't include lasers or armors, and most of my chars in dropship should have had lasers and all of them should have had armor).

2.4 final release in XP SP3, some old ATI Radeon that I can't even remember which type.

If I get this again I'll copy the savefile and attach it here.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: chars had no health
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:02:27 pm »
Known problem: The Try Again option should not be available for Auto-missions. Beside this, everything went fine as I see. Don't use Try Again after Auto-mission! It's not intended to work and can cause strange issues.

-geever

Offline Timo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: chars had no health
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:44:31 am »
Ok, good to know.

Then I guess the real problem was to get all my soldiers killed in auto-mission. Looks like it was ordinary five or so Tamans, nothing special that could kill all my soldiers, not with the gear I had. I would have accepted one or two getting killed (which sometimes seem to happen with auto-missions), but this was first time all of them died.