project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Auto Selling feature  (Read 5438 times)

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Auto Selling feature
« on: August 12, 2012, 02:01:41 pm »
I'm here just to say that the auto selling Item feature is very great!
But it took me several game months to discover it.  :'(
The Tutorials should give a hint to this.  ::)
So, never mind ... happy hunting!

Nokim

Re: Auto Selling feature
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 03:02:47 pm »
And here should be autobuying feature for supply too.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:53:36 pm »
Yes!
nothing is more annoying as an empty rocket launcher :-)

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »
Wait... we have a auto selling feature? I didnt know that lol. Probably i havnt played the campaign long enough to notice it

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 06:40:40 am »
Wait... we have a auto selling feature? I didnt know that lol. Probably i havnt played the campaign long enough to notice it
My words!
I was very frustrated after discovering this, because I always spent a lot of time in selling all the needles plasma pistols :-)

Offline Sandro

• Squad Leader
  • Maintenance guy for UFO:AI 3D engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:08:47 am »
And here should be autobuying feature for supply too.

Personally, I would prefer to have a "keep count" feature, which will both autobuy and autosell.

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 09:14:52 am »
Well actually it is no secret we need an easier access to the game for new players. I never played the campaign longer than one or two hours, tested most of the stuff i did on skirmish.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 10:21:02 am »
Personally, I would prefer to have a "keep count" feature, which will both autobuy and autosell.
Good and simple Idea!
I second that.

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 02:25:38 pm »
afaik, ufo:ai autosell only applies to alien items that are researched, and researching junk has low priority as research is limited (duh), so most of the junk still needs to be sold manually and autosell is limited to alien light armor (needed for nanocomposite) for a looooong part of the game.

lol, i guess the best solution would be to merge the ufo:ai and x-force games : )
x-force has excellent storage and production management, soldier filters, soldier hiring prices, and some other very nice features, i think those features might at least be worth looking at.

if i remember correctly, they had not only 'number of items to keep in storage' but that also applied to production of items, something like 'produce this item if there is less than X in storage'.
or, certainly you could assign a small number of workers to produce ammo (slowly but) infinitely.
hopefully some no-life coders suddenly appear and we get something similar in ufo:ai.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »
afaik, ufo:ai autosell only applies to alien items that are researched, and researching junk has low priority as research is limited (duh), so most of the junk still needs to be sold manually and autosell is limited to alien light armor (needed for nanocomposite) for a looooong part of the game.
No, it is working for all alien items catched in a mission

Nokim

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 09:26:37 pm »
No, it is working for all alien items catched in a mission
No. You can't sell not researched stuff. Consider this as good reason to research useless otherwise alien stuff like plasma blaster.

Offline Wh1sper

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 06:45:54 am »
No. You can't sell not researched stuff. Consider this as good reason to research useless otherwise alien stuff like plasma blaster.
Yes after researching things.
Because I did discover the autoselling feature very late I didn't wath this aspect. But hey, first research then sell is good and makes sense

Offline Beric

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 08:34:16 am »
So could someone explain how to use the feature? We're all left wondering. I've been playing this game on and off for four years, so clearly I'm never going to figure it out myself.

Nokim

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 09:37:37 am »
So could someone explain how to use the feature? We're all left wondering. I've been playing this game on and off for four years, so clearly I'm never going to figure it out myself.
Do you never notice checkbox near item name on market? It even have hovering tip. Check it and on all bases all new items of that type got from mission will be immediately sold (shown in event log like 'n items sold for xxxx credits'). Useful feature but have its own drawbacks.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 11:47:49 am »
UI2 will hopefully make this clearer.

But those of you who want a better tutorial could expand our manual.