project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feature Suggestion: Firing or filter team members from the hire soldiers roster  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Silveressa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
After playing for a long time I've noticed the # of soldiers available for hire grows into an insanely long list (especially on easy) and trying to put together a decent team for a new base (or find a couple replacements) from the lengthy list can be a real pain in the butt.

My idea is to give an option to delete members off the roster permanently if they're someone you know you'll never use. (such as someone with all mediocre stats compared to the people that are at least competent or proficient in one or more)

Or perhaps a way to filter them by a certain skills capability from most skilled to least. (This would make it easy to find a replacement sniper or what not by filtering all the available recruits by the skill needed)

Not sure if this would be easy or hard to implement though. (The delete option should be dirt simple however)

Currently Ive set up a "prison" base in Antarctica full of nothing but crew quarters where I've stuck all the useless wannabes to slim down the list, but it's a rather expensive solution ($860,000 a month in additional expenses lol)

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Or perhaps a way to filter them by a certain skills capability from most skilled to least. (This would make it easy to find a replacement sniper or what not by filtering all the available recruits by the skill needed)

Yes, it is a pain.  The simplest fix (since it would not entail any changes to the GUI) would be to list them in order of the sum of all their skills and attributes, with your hired guys always at the top.

But a more comprehensive solution would be nice.

Offline Silveressa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
It's been about 4 years since I suggested this feature, so rather then start a new thread to ask about it I figured I'd do a little thread necromancy and drag it back to the top to see if any progress has been made towards implementing this feature?

(Or a suitable work around to get rid of unwanted soldiers, short of loading up unarmed dropships with them and tossing 'em at alien aircraft over the ocean?)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
You can remove soldiers/etc from roster by right clicking on their checkbox AFAIR.

-geever

Offline Silveressa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
You can remove soldiers/etc from roster by right clicking on their checkbox AFAIR.

-geever

Aye, thanks, this makes things much easier when building new teams and bases  8)

hitch-22

Yes, it is a pain.  The simplest fix (since it would not entail any changes to the GUI) would be to list them in order of the sum of all their skills and attributes, with your hired guys always at the top.

But a more comprehensive solution would be nice.

What a good idea. I might have to rummage through the code, because depending how the relevant code works this might be something even I could contribute! Well, probably not, but if no one else is even looking..