project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Health of a Plane  (Read 3137 times)

Offline samual

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Health of a Plane
« on: August 03, 2012, 05:30:14 pm »
Hi,

sometimes my planes (or however you call them) get damaged. So when next time an Ufo is there the questions is how healthy my plane is now? So I think it would be good if the health status would be displayed in % where you select the planes to follow the Ufo.

Same would apply when you point the mouse on a base, it would be interesting to see the health of the planes in that base. Or perhaps to see the other stats as well as production & research in %.

What do you think?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Health of a Plane
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 05:38:59 pm »
sometimes my planes (or however you call them) get damaged. So when next time an Ufo is there the questions is how healthy my plane is now? So I think it would be good if the health status would be displayed in % where you select the planes to follow the Ufo.

Make a Feature Request on our tracker please, so it doesn't get forgotten.

Same would apply when you point the mouse on a base, it would be interesting to see the health of the planes in that base. Or perhaps to see the other stats as well as production & research in %.

I don't think this is a good way to do it maybe a button on the edge of the screen which bring in a floating window with research, production info, but not hovering above bases, they're too small, you may not pointing the on a base but on a near samsite, it can cause problems...

-geever

Offline samual

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:53:44 pm »
I have no account. Perhaps someone else could do it for me? Thanks.

Floating window is also fine for me! It would improve the overview.

And what do others think?

Offline Wiz33

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 01:02:02 am »
It's readily available. pause while the plane is in flight and select it and you will see the health, once it return to basem select base and aircraft and you will also see the health.

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 02:07:39 am »
I'd be nice to know how they're looking up before you send them out, though.
Bit of a hassle finding out you managed to send the poor rookie bastard with ten percent of his hull left rather than the ace with the shipfull of shiny new guns because you couldn't remember which is which.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:43:56 am »
I'd be nice to know how they're looking up before you send them out, though.
Bit of a hassle finding out you managed to send the poor rookie bastard with ten percent of his hull left rather than the ace with the shipfull of shiny new guns because you couldn't remember which is which.

Right now this is still a general problem - the game rarely gives information to the player, not only on the geoscape.

Offline samual

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 01:35:27 pm »
Agreed but you have to start somewhere. And you can list others as well.

What about a ticket?