project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Fix for when aircraft don't fight back...  (Read 2589 times)

Offline chris.staddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Fix for when aircraft don't fight back...
« on: August 04, 2012, 05:43:02 pm »
Hello there,
Been playing a while and today I had a new issue. All of a sudden I could no longer click on any UFO icon to attack it - the launch menu never appeared. I tried launching one of my craft manually - then sent it close, but it sat there doing nothing whilst the UFO pummelled it to death...  :o Don't know if that's a bug or something like the UFO was out of orbit - can you advise? Having said that, if one of your aircraft gets attacked it should either fight or run away, not sit there and get mullered! Can you put a fix (or an option to set in flight) to ensure it will attack if a UFO gets within range - or should anyone attack it, it fights back?

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
Re: Fix for when aircraft don't fight back...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:37 pm »
Probably your Interceptor is out of ammo? Dont know how the game behaves in that case. We need also more informations - which version of the game, which interceptor, which interceptor weapons...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 05:54:32 pm by Crystan »

Offline chris.staddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 06:00:00 pm »
Nope, first thing I checked was ammo, and in any case I have 5 bases and all my craft had ammo - and lasers on my Phoenixes (so ammo shouldn't be an issue). The menu doesn't come up. Could be the UFO was too high up (which was a feature in the original UFO game if I remember rightly). Though I'd have thought there'd have been a message to that effect.

Offline chris.staddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »
OOPS forgot... 2.5 Dev. However I've been playing for a good few weeks and (still in the same campaign) this is the first time ever this has happened. No error message either - it just allows me to click on the UFO and centre on it, but no launch menu comes up.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »
Nope, first thing I checked was ammo, and in any case I have 5 bases and all my craft had ammo - and lasers on my Phoenixes (so ammo shouldn't be an issue). The menu doesn't come up. Could be the UFO was too high up (which was a feature in the original UFO game if I remember rightly). Though I'd have thought there'd have been a message to that effect.

upload your savegame, tell us on which base which craft was not be able to attack. I'll try to debug it.

-geever

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 03:42:43 am »
Stupid question. Make sure the craft has ammo loaded.