project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problems with updating to 2.5 dev  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Seraphic

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Problems with updating to 2.5 dev
« on: July 14, 2012, 10:59:55 pm »
Hey there.
i have a problem with the full win32 installer.
i parted my harddrive to a drive that only contains the system and another drive for all the rest.
now i only have 1,7 gb free on my systemdrive. the problem with the installer is, that it needs to extract all files to my temp folder before copying them over to the desired folder (and drive) and 1,7 gb dont seem to be enough. i run out of hd-space while extracting. after the installer cancels installation it again leaves 900mb free (with extracted files still in temp folder "7z")
now is the thing i'd like to know if it just takes more space than it really needs (would explain why there is a lot space free with the files still in temp folder) but much more than this... is there a possibilty to update with the option to choose where the installation files should be extracted? this would help very much, cause if the setup cant be finished i think i wont be able to play future versions of the game without reinstalling the whole system (so i can give systemdrive more gb) or doing things i dont understand (get source code and compile)

another questions that comes to my mind... i read this (and everyone who got 2,5 dev did too):
Use the update utility in your startmenu
to get the latest nightly

so my question about this even if it sounds dumb: what startmenu and how do i do this?

i'm running on win xp 32bit sp2 (and i like it :P)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:01:49 pm by Seraphic »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with updating to 2.5 dev
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:52:49 am »
first
redirect the temp folder by using
cmd.exe
md d:\wherever
set temp=d:\wherever
set tmp=d:\wherever