project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Language files  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Language files
« on: July 09, 2012, 02:15:08 am »
Hi. im trying to translate a file (tech), but i don´t found the text files. Where they are?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Language files
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:43:01 am »
Check out the wiki where all of our translations are modified. Look at the "for translators" section.

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:41:53 pm »
Ok, sorry but i don´t understand very well. I am making a mod and i want to add a new armour. I have the armour (is based on nanocomposite armour image), but i don´t know how to do the research text files, i mean, description, pre research text and post-research text.

Thanks

Offline Neonin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 10:20:50 pm »
You need to edit the .po files and compile them, see a similar topic I posted a few days ago: http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,6827.msg54442.html#msg54442

As I found out however, while you can create a new .mo file that will feature your new text, it won't be read in the mod folder and has to replace the one in base/i18n.

If you're just creating it for your own personal use then that won't be a problem, but as part of a mod replacing any core files outside of the supported mod system is generally a no-no due to issues with being able to play both modded and unmodded versions of the game. However if you're just adding in a new entry that might not be so much of an issue for you because an unmodded game simply won't call that entry and so not cause any problems.

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 11:18:10 pm »
Ok, i understand now. Thanks!

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 07:22:05 pm »
You need to edit the .po files and compile them, see a similar topic I posted a few days ago: http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,6827.msg54442.html#msg54442

As I found out however, while you can create a new .mo file that will feature your new text, it won't be read in the mod folder and has to replace the one in base/i18n.

If you're just creating it for your own personal use then that won't be a problem, but as part of a mod replacing any core files outside of the supported mod system is generally a no-no due to issues with being able to play both modded and unmodded versions of the game. However if you're just adding in a new entry that might not be so much of an issue for you because an unmodded game simply won't call that entry and so not cause any problems.

Ok. I downloaded de .po file (i think; is a cfi.txt file), and the Poedit. I can now read the .txt but i can´t do a new one. For example, advanced_combat_armour.txt exist, but it isn´t advanced_combat_armour_pre.txt. So, how can i do the _pre.txt?

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:24:03 pm »
Ok, i do it. Ignore the last message.

Thanks!