project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Antimatter Storage locations  (Read 2267 times)

Offline scalding

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Antimatter Storage locations
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:36:35 am »
I first played UFO: AI right after version 2.2 was released, and it was awesome then.  Now, with the upcoming X-COM game coming out (finally a proper addition to the series), I decided to check UFO:AI out again, and I am surprised and pleased at the progress you have made.

I'm playing the full campaign.  I researched Antimatter ages ago, but didn't realize that I needed a facility in base to collect it (although that's obvious in retrospect).  Anyway, at this point my bases are fairly specialized.  Do I put the Antimatter Storage in the base that does the disassembly of spacecraft, or the one that does the research, or does it even matter?

Also, am I correct in understanding that only undamaged UFOs contain salvageable antimatter?

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Antimatter Storage locations
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 01:22:49 am »
You will need the AM storage at any base that dissassembles undamaged ships (you're correct in that only undamaged will have it) plus at any base where you deploy one of the advanced interceptor craft you can build as they use it for fuel.

Offline Battlescared

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Antimatter Storage locations
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:03:22 pm »
Build them everywhere.  You'll get a lot of it so storage for it helps.  I turned one base that was mainly for radar into a storage facility and had about 6 storage units in it.  I didn't actually use it all  ???, but as the game developers make the research tree bigger and badder, it may come into play more.