project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Enemy on Earth Question  (Read 6552 times)

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Enemy on Earth Question
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »
How do i make it possible to have the "Enermy on Earth" research?

I would also like to ask too if, after that, i will be able to send troops to an Alien Base and finish the game.

thanks

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy on Earth Question
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 07:54:12 pm »
You need to find an alien base to attack it and finish the game.

Having the Enemy on Earth research won't change anything. Currently I'm not sure if Enemy on Earth is fully implemented. I believe it requires an event from in the game to be triggered that is not yet supported.

Offline Jon_dArc

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »
Enemy on Earth the research proposal is working, or at least was in the recent past. I've never seen civilians actually attack, though.

~J

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:32:33 pm »
While i was accelrating the time on Geoscape, after some while i noticed that i had The Enemy on Earth, altought i dont know i did it (i just simpley let my Geoscape running while ignoring the ufos).

And what should i do in order to find an alien base? I already searched everything!

Nokim

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:42:27 pm »
My soldiers were attacked by civilians in two campaigns (2.4 and 2.5-dev). It's only one mission per campaign and it's easy to miss it because civs need weapons to attack but they don't have it on beginning. But they can pick it up from nearby dead aliens and shoot your soldiers (what happened with me). But research seem not directly related to that mission. It just have same requirements like alien interest level or something like that.

And what should i do in order to find an alien base? I already searched everything!
You should let aliens to build a base. Just don't touch supply ships for some time and investigate areas where they land.

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:10:56 pm »
As i said i let the Geoscape run for 6-7 months without killing any ship or doing any mission. Nothing happened. Perhaps i should do what you said and check the points where the supply ships land.

Thanks for your tip, i will give it a try :)

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 05:42:45 am »
Do you have any save (the trunk one is better) before such missions?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 06:53:42 am »
xvi is not yet implemented on the battlescape - so there is no civ attack you (and if it's there [i've never seen this], then it's a bug)

Nokim

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 07:48:50 am »
As i said i let the Geoscape run for 6-7 months without killing any ship or doing any mission. Nothing happened. Perhaps i should do what you said and check the points where the supply ships land.
Maybe it's just too early for alien base... It's simple - if don't see any supply ship then play until aliens decide to build base.
xvi is not yet implemented on the battlescape - so there is no civ attack you (and if it's there [i've never seen this], then it's a bug)
Well, that's not actual XVI, it's only single scripted mission as was said somewhere on this forum. At least i understand so. But the fact that my soldiers were attacked by civilians at least once per campaign - i can confirm. How it works - you are shooting aliens as usual but some civs are tagging around your troops (alien are shooting civs but not those). If they found any dead alien (there is no any dead soldiers usually :)) they pick up weapon and kill my soldiers with fullauto from plasma rifle. If you retry mission that will repeat. Last time when i encountered such behavior i had to collect all weapons into backpacks to prevent armed civs. Killing them counts as bad actions anyway...
Do you have any save (the trunk one is better) before such missions?
No. If i got such i''ll attach somewhere here. Right now i started new game on hard difficulty but progress is very slow mainly because of bugs in dev version. I just can't end battle without crash. last time it was this:
Nokim has taken control over team 1.
[STATS] Nokim (Kim Dekkers) kills alien (Abtrenek Zt Hrmokuk) with Full-Auto of assault_ammo (entnum: 60)
Team 1 ended round
Team 7's round started!
[STATS] Nokim (Lei Lee) kills alien (HN/V 011.1100) with Aimed Shot of sniper_ammo (entnum: 58)
R_AnimChange: No model given (walk)
LET_StartPathMove: Could not change anim of le: 59, team: 7, pnum: 9
ERROR: LE_DoEndPathMove: Actor movement is out of sync: 147:118:1 should be 146:117:1 (step 2 of 2) (team 7)
Shutdown server: Server crashed.
Unload the game library
Disconnecting...
Client stream was closed
Remove pending event 12
Error: Mem_CheckSentinels: bad memory header top sentinel [buffer underflow]
free: src/common/common.cpp:#1428
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:26:30 am by Nokim »

Offline Star Adder

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 11:24:03 am »
Maybe it's just too early for alien base... It's simple - if don't see any supply ship then play until aliens decide to build base.
The funny thing is that obviously they built one more or less right outside my front door and I never saw ANY supply ships before the one I followed to find the base. So that means the base is already built once you begin seeing supply ships.
And since there seems to be no way of finding out the current alien interest rate...

Which reminds me: Never mortgage from an alien. The interest keeps rising all the time. :D

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »
Ok, it worked! I finieshed the game :P

thanks!

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »
When an UFO is shoot down over Antartica, and it isn´t recovered, there´s nation unhappiness?

Nokim

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 07:40:46 am »
Bug or not but it happened again. Reported with saves and pic here.
It doesn't seems so reproducible as earlier. Or maybe just civs is too far from alien corpses.
When an UFO is shoot down over Antartica, and it isn´t recovered, there´s nation unhappiness?
Well, when i recover some UFO (and sell) happiness changes not only in nation-owner or nation-buyer. It can be that it impacts on happiness of other but more slightly. So about not doing that.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 09:38:03 am »
happiness changes not only in nation-owner or nation-buyer. It can be that it impacts on happiness of other but more slightly. So about not doing that.

Yes, selling a UFO to one nation increases that nation's happiness but reduces the happiness of other nations. The net effect is negative, actually, but strategically it is often good to redistribute your happiness to the unhappy nations.