project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.5 DEV How to enter a Fuel Depot??  (Read 9681 times)

Offline Xenomx161

• Rookie
    • View Profile
2.5 DEV How to enter a Fuel Depot??
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:20:30 am »
I´he startet a Harvest Mission in a Fuel Depot but how to enter the Building??? I´ve used Backspace in the green Smoke at the Entrance, throwed a Plasma Grenade in and fired with a Plasma Rifle and a Needler in but without Success. There a no other Entrances and the Hill in the north-right can´t be passed by my Troops. I´ve attached my savegame and a Screenshot so please can yuo help me out??

Thx Xenom

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
Re: 2.5 DEV How to enter a Fuel Depot??
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:48:01 am »
Please use next time the search function of the forum:

http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,6698.msg53061.html#msg53061

Nokim

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 11:02:23 am »
Actually you can win mission without entering building. You just need pack of grenades (or GL with enough supply) and good snipers. So i did many times before read that topic with solution. Now i have several bombs on my bases. Can they be used somewhere?

Offline Tobaran

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 07:52:06 pm »
It took me awhile to figure out the 2.4 version of the fuel depot map - I'm assuming the map hasn't changed for the 2.5 dev version of the game.

So far, this is the only map I've encounter where you need a explosive bomb.  On the map on the ground outside look for a bomb - I found one near the overturned HumVee.  Place the bomb on the ground in the gas gyser by the gate and skidaddle; it will blow next turn opening the gate.  I've already tried breaching the depot wall with the bomb, but no luck there - maybe in 2.5 version there are more destructables in the map then in the 2.4 version.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:13:56 pm »
if you win only with granedes and you have a bom to spare... how strong s it? can it be used in combat?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:52:21 pm »
if you win only with granedes and you have a bom to spare... how strong s it? can it be used in combat?

I don't think it has any use outside of the fuel depot map, but I'm not sure.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »
Since you can't actually use it during the fuel depot mission for anything else than scripted action, I'd assume that it's not usable in any way on other maps.

Offline Visitor

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 09:02:05 pm »
Yup, it's completely scripted item. I think I even got a situation once with alien standing near the gate during explosion and either getting not damaged at all or simply shrugging the weak explosion off.

In all honesty, I'd rather have the gate to be just regular prop that can be destroyed by any kind of explosive instead of having to get special item, serving no purpose but taking care of that one gate on that one map.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 12:36:43 am »
I had that as well & due to the fact I wasn't hitting the alien standing behind the gate, I was hoping that the blast would do it in but nothing. I did end up shooting him after the gate went up but not before he did some damage of his own  :(