project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Question on List Formatting  (Read 8040 times)

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Question on List Formatting
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 12:34:39 pm »
BTW for horizontal spinner, we can add it, but only for 2.5.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 12:42:46 pm »
If it's possible to have horizontal spinner that can place the spinner buttons not directly side-by-side, like this market mockup, it would be nice. But might not really work within a single node.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »
nice idea, it can be a unidirectional spinner :-) one node for "+", and one node for "-".
I will do it now, cause i love this idea.

And it would be nice to use a data node to edit the shared data, to create some kind of real component, but maybe i am dreaming to fast...

Offline Battlescared

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Question on List Formatting - which is now about the Transfer Page
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »
Over in the Bug thread I posted that I'd discovered a problem in the transfer page where items can be lost while working on this.  I think I can fix the problem, but it's a bit out of scope of where I'm working at the moment.

The issue is that the next/previous base buttons are not reinitializing the transfer menu when they are clicked.  The transfer linked list just gets dumped with all the items in it.  What I think should happen is that the prev/next callbacks should check if they are on the transfer page and issue a command to reset the transfer page and unload the cargo before the next base is selected.  That is outside of the scope of cp_transfer_callbacks.c I'm working on now, and at least for the moment, I'd like to stay in that scope.  But I could save the current state in cp_transfer_callbacks in global and check it when the items are accessed to see if there had been a change in the source base, and reset things when I detect that.  I'm looking if I can detect that state without using globals (I don't like globals, though I know it's common in C).

Ideas?  Direction?  Leave it for others to fix?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 01:04:47 am »
I'll fix it up, if this machine let me...

-geever