Technical support > FAQ

[CLOSED] smoke grenades and frame rate [FIXED]

(1/4) > >>

kurja:
When  I deploy a smoke grenade, my fps drops from 40-ish to 4-ish, regardless of if the smoke is on-screen or not. At first I didn't think much of it, okay maybe it's a cpu-intensive smoke effect or whatever and it's an old computer, but when playing the train map I noticed that there's a chimney with smoke rising from it and my fps is totally unchanged, hmm...

What could be going on, might there be something in the logs that may cast some light on this issue (which log file)?

EDIT by Admin: Fix can be found here: http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,6755.msg56217.html#msg56217

H-Hour:
The chimney smoke is a different particle effect than the smoke grenade. I notice an FPS drop with the smoke grenade particle effect too (check out the crashed fighter on +bridge). I think it's just a resource-intensive particle, but I don't know how to make particles and don't know what would be making it more resource intensive than others.

kurja:
Impact on frame rate is really bad though. Can I turn off just the particle effects, or better yet, just for the smoke grenades?

H-Hour:
Not sure. Check the video options. If you have shaders on, turn them off. That always seems to help the most.

Crystan:
Post your sys spec please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version