project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [UFO:AI 2.4 / WinXP] Game crashing when im trying to enter combat  (Read 2098 times)

Offline ResFu

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Hello UFO maniacs, i get really frustrating error when im tryin to enter combat mission (after shooting down UFO etc). Is there any error dumpfile so i can provide you with some more informations? Maby you know already how to fix it. Do reinstalling in default path (on C hard drive) is fixing it? Why im asking about it? Because i know a game that installing on custom path give "missing" something errors (for example SPAZ) maby this is working exactly the same with UFO:AI?

Can someone give me a hand how to get out from this bug and enjoy playability?

Really, please...

Im beggin you, help other X-Com fanatic...

EDIT: ufoconsole.log added
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:05:12 pm by ResFu »

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO:AI 2.4 / WinXP] Game crashing when im trying to enter combat
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »
Hi Resfu. Two things to check. First, when you load up bring down the console (ESC or ` key) and type: logfile 1. This will give the ufoconsole.log more output sometimes, but it may only work if you have debug version of the game.

Second, you can check the crashdump.txt (or log?) file, which I believe is either in the base /ufoai/ folder or the /ufoai/base/ folder. If you're on Windows, this is no the APPDATA folder where the saves are stored, but actually in the game's installation directory.

You can also attach the save file so that someone can test it themselves.