project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: map glitches  (Read 7936 times)

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
map glitches
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:31:47 pm »
See screenshots.

In small house map enemy not targetable for some reason, squares on sides and in front are. I took the shot aim at the square behind it, and scored a hit. screenshots 00-02

In city tower map there's an impassable square next to a table. Screenshot 07, impassable square one "north" from the selected one.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: map glitches
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:43:43 pm »
experienced another "untargettable target" case in mansion map, this time line of sight was 100% unobstructed but I just couldn't target the alien. Sooo... I spammed nades and full auto plasma fire in it's general direction and heard some pain sounds, so far so good but apparently it had become a zombie! for the following rounds it just sqatted there, detectable as a visible target by pressing t, doing nothing but staring the kerrblade in front of him. Curiously, he also had one of those in his hands... Plasma fire whizzed right through him though, so maybe it was a ghost after all and not a zombie. And, when none of my soldiers were looking at him for one round and then turned back towards him, gasp, he was gone. Just the abandoned kerrblade lying on the ground, lone and forgotten. Spooky!

(in the "original untargettable target case", the alien died normally. as far as I can tell what is normal for an alien, but anyway.)

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »
The reason for the problem on the Small_House map is a bug in pathfinding. If an enemy is standing on one of those squares, you cannot choose him as a target. It is the same as the unselectable squares in a map problem.

City highrise map should go to bugtracker. Probably a forgotten actorclip. I will fix this as soon as I have a working system again.

The pic from +mansion I have no idea.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:48:24 pm by ShipIt »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:30:37 pm »
Do you happen to have the logs of the mansion map mission (ufoconsole.log and events.log)? I'm suspecting that isn't a map bug.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 11:30:38 pm »
That's the last mission I played, didn't finish it though as I got distracted with them zombies and ghosts. Well okay I just got too spooked. But here are the logs.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:03 pm »
City highrise map should go to bugtracker. Probably a forgotten actorclip. I will fix this as soon as I have a working system again.

made ID: 3531196 @ https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3531196&group_id=157793&atid=805242

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:57:38 am »
another couple wonky impassable squares in small street map, only here those squares are... elevated. see screenshot.

should I be putting all such findings in the tracker? here, on the forum? both? neither?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 01:00:08 am »
About the mansion issue
Is that screenshot form before or after you shoot the alien? Anything else out of the ordinary that happened during that battle?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 07:21:31 am »
another couple wonky impassable squares in small street map, only here those squares are... elevated. see screenshot.

should I be putting all such findings in the tracker? here, on the forum? both? neither?

Tracker is best imo, because it won´t get lost there.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 08:06:37 am »
About the mansion issue
Is that screenshot form before or after you shoot the alien? Anything else out of the ordinary that happened during that battle?

screenshot is from after it had been shot at quite a bit, I had heard no "pain sounds" for a round or two and started doubting something's not working right and moved up close to see if it's possible to hit that alien at all and that's from the moment the screenshot is from. I did take screenshots eariler, when it was not yet killed/zombified, but the only visual difference that I can see is the absence of that extra kerrblade on the ground (attached screenshot).

Thinking about it, this might have something to do with that I possibly killed it with a grenade from that ramp - a position from which there is no line of sight to the alien. It's difficult to say exactly when did it die, as there was no death animation.

I can't think of anything else out of the ordinary with the mission.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 08:10:41 am »
Tracker is best imo, because it won´t get lost there.

okay, I made a new one 3531257 for the street map.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »
okay, I made a new one 3531257 for the street map.

Thanks.

Nokim

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 10:32:30 pm »
Zombie is in bugtracker: ID 3531402 http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3531402&group_id=157793&atid=805242

Once i had two such zombies standing in one mission. I trashed a lot of ammo on them before realized they were already dead.

Next time i'll try to check if this ghost disappears. Never tried to turn all soldiers to another direction...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:48:58 pm by Nokim »

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 10:00:52 pm »
this time a targettable zombie, a third pistol at it's feet

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 10:16:05 pm »
I knew to expect some fancy trickstery to go with the new armour models, but even for a sci-fi powered armour, I think this is a bit much ;)

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3534187&group_id=157793&atid=805242