project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Fuel Dump Unfinishable?  (Read 5871 times)

Offline DaneKoponen

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Fuel Dump Unfinishable?
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »
I'm not sure this is actually a bug.  Every time I get the map "Fuel Dump" I start outside of a compound, with my units deployed in the woods.  The enemies all spawn inside the compound, with no apparent route between the outside and the inside.  Twice now I've killed every alien who poked his head out of the upstairs window, and been stymied by a unit somewhere inside who never comes out.  I've gone around the entire compound clicking for a way in, but nothing is obvious.  Is there some way to make my soldiers open the front gate?  Is the strange sparkling cloud of gas some method of teleportation?

The map has loaded identically each time, so I assume its not loading incorrectly. 

With that small nitpick, thanks for many hours of a great game.  Your hard work is appreciated  :)

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Dump Unfinishable?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:45 pm »
Here.
All the answers you need.

Offline DaneKoponen

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:58:37 pm »
Thanks, didn't think to look through General Discussion for it.

Seems a little too easy to miss, no?

ChemBro

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:54:04 am »
I don't think, the problem is the "easy to miss" part, but the "puzzle solving" part, because I don't think someone thinks, there is a puzzle to solve, because there aren't any puzzles in the rest of the game.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:07:11 am »
In my opinion the problem is our message system. We have no proper option to give hints or messages to the player out of the map. This needs to be improved (Feature Request).

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 12:38:02 pm »
In my opinion the problem is our message system. We have no proper option to give hints or messages to the player out of the map. This needs to be improved (Feature Request).
+1

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 04:21:11 pm »
Indeed.
I actually had to look for the solution as well because I didn't know how to use the bomb.

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 04:21:02 am »
Huh. I figured Bombs were one of those unfinished things in the game. A place holder if you will.