project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Strange Occurrence Of not being able to enter Mission  (Read 3083 times)

Offline bit5nip3r

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Strange Occurrence Of not being able to enter Mission
« on: May 22, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
Hi,

So far I've only encountered this problem once, but I had an issue where a landed UFO appeared on the Geoscape.  So I sent my firebird to sweep up.  Firebird got to the scene and then I was presented with the options to "Enter Mission" or "Auto Mission".  If I click on "Enter Mission", the screen would freeze, then take me back to the Geoscape, with my Firebird just idle, hovering above the Landed UFO icon.  I send my Firebird back to the scene, but same problem.  In the end I had to "Auto Mission".

I'm playing v2.4 on a Mac with OS X Lion.  Please direct me to the location of supporting files etc. to send through in helping to address this.  All I seem to find is the UFO application in the Apps folder, there's nothing in my user folder.  Unless I need to look elsewhere, or if there are hidden.  I'll look tonight.

has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Occurrence Of not being able to enter Mission
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »
Might happen if there is a problem with the map.

If you attach the ufoconsole.log, somebody should be able to figure out what happened. How to find the log file.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
I've also had this problem occasionally under this version but all I do is quit the game then restart the game & load that savegame & then the mission works fine. I've seen it on many missions to maps I know work so I'm not sure what is the cause other than it starts to happen if I've played for some time.

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 06:20:56 pm »
I saw this yesterday but trace seems to indicate it's a missing texture or sound file so I've recompiled everything from source.

When you equip your squad, are they all missing their heads?

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:20:30 pm »
After doing a full recompile of the maps the issue has gone away, and the differences seemed to be (a) the new helmets or (b) the increase in slots from 8 soldiers to 12 on missions. Nothing else appears to be different.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 10:35:39 pm »
This was related to the switch to new soldier models. Loaded save games could not find the right helmet models. It's now been fixed.