project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Aliens shouldn't get major improvements in technonlogy so fast  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Eegxeta

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
This is something that has always bugged me is why do the aliens employ new weapons so fast it is not like they are defending a planet against technologically advance invaders. They are sending ufos to Earth left and right and you would only hear about the major ones like a ufo attacking a city or important location and it is not like the aliens that you do engage live to tell about you having better tech. Small things like the aliens equipping body armor isn't a big deal but the aliens start always start using more powerful weapons before I am even on par with what they were already using and this is on the easiest difficulty. Yes I know I'm not exactly the best at this game ,but I am good at researching and employing new tech fast.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens shouldn't get major improvements in technonlogy so fast
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:15:46 pm »
What version are you playing? While I admit that I haven't tried the newest version yet thanks to lack of time, last I checked it takes them ages to get anywhere in their tech tree. While I'm researching Alien Theory and plasma weapons out of boredom with Bolters, all lasers and nanocomposite ready, they seemingly still lack consistent supply of better weapons, as their most common troop type is still armorless taman with pistols and kerrblades. This on normal difficulty.

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens shouldn't get major improvements in technonlogy so fast
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:34:17 am »
...and it is not like the aliens that you do engage live to tell about you having better tech...

Them not coming back at all tells enough. Not to mention it's not really hard to have another ship or two in orbit with a camera. They do, after all, rule the highest of grounds.