project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Interception diversity  (Read 3223 times)

Offline microbat

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Interception diversity
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:50:22 pm »
In the old X-com game there was an option to instruct the dropship to follow a ufo waiting for it to land, or launch with the interceptor together to minimize game time between shooting down and going to the site. But now, flying ufos give option only to the interceptor to engage. Furthermore, how can I instruct interceptors and dropships just to go to a waypoint and patrol?

Thanks again!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Interception diversity
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:55:57 am »
Furthermore, how can I instruct interceptors and dropships just to go to a waypoint and patrol?

Select the aircraft on the geoscape and click to a point on the map.
You can make an aircraft take off without a mission by clicking on the little blue "take off" button on the Base/Aircraft screen.

-geever

Offline microbat

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:20 am »
Thanks! The aircraft actions should be more "close" to the geoscape though. Something like an "arcraft" tab on the right, and possibly a "bases" tab. Otherwise we have to go to a base and then order the craft to take off. Too many mouse actions (at least 4 movements and 5 clicks). Ok no need to imitate the old games in everything but some practical buttons could make our lives easier, right? And when we see a ufo, then clicking on it presents the armed crafts! Ok. But alerting also the unarmed dropships is a good idea.

A good thing: A dropship on the air has the option to go to a crashed site if one exists!

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:33:47 am »
You already can send any craft to anywhere at any time.

Yes, you can re-direct a dropship in the air.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 11:52:46 am »
The aircraft actions should be more "close" to the geoscape though.

I didn't say that it is the final way, it is the way it's currently possible.

-geever

Offline microbat

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:58:05 am »
Judging by the response time here and in my geoscape post - and the almost immediate solution I received (thanks guys) - I have no doubt the game will improve even more!