project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My troops show up to "Alien Activity" missions without equipment  (Read 4606 times)

Offline idyllhands

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
This happened the first time at a mission, and no matter what I did to equip them, most would show up naked.  One or two might have a gun with no ammo, or their gun but no armor, etc.
I just sent the troops back home and fast forward past the alien activity thinking it was a bug with the mission, but now it is happening again with a new "Alien Activity" mission.  Let me know if you want a saved game or for me to test anything.
I am using Windows version, just downloaded last week so should be newest version.
edit:Sorry, just read the read first post, will attach ufoconsole.log shortly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:42:36 pm by idyllhands »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: My troops show up to "Alien Activity" missions without equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 06:37:03 pm »
and attach the savegame before the battle (or the quicksave written when you enter to the mission)

-geever

Offline idyllhands

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:33:14 pm »
slot5 is the soldier preparing to land, slot4 is before I dispatched any ships.  I tried sending a ship from another base, and did not get the same problem, so it only happens when I send soldiers from that base, and also, only during Alien Activity missions (ie..I can send them to crashed ships without the bug).

Offline idyllhands

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:41 pm »
Ok, I did a little more testing.  I was attempting an Auto mission when the soldiers first landed, and the result was that they were all killed, so then I selected Try Again and that is when they show up with no equipment (ie, that is when the bug happens).
If I Enter the mission manually the first time, then I do not experience the bug.

Offline idyllhands

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:27:43 pm »
Hey, I'm not sure what the deal is, but this site shows up looking awful in Google Chrome in Win 7.  I am now unable to make a new post in the bugs forum due to the button becoming unclickable.
I just wanted to ask while you had a copy of my saved games to also have a look at using plasma grenades in the grenade launcher.  I researched it, but, as far as I can tell, am unable to load them into the grenade launcher.

ps-Thanks for all the hard work, it really brings back memories of the old XCOMs, among my favorite games!!

Offline idyllhands

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »
Another clarifying point: it seems this bug happens anytime when I first try to do an Auto mission (and it comes back that all my troops were killed) and then I hit "retry" to try the mission again manually.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 02:08:30 am »
Another clarifying point: it seems this bug happens anytime when I first try to do an Auto mission (and it comes back that all my troops were killed) and then I hit "retry" to try the mission again manually.

The bug is: Retry should not be available. Everything after that was your fault. :P

-geever

Offline idyllhands

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 03:18:07 pm »
The bug is: Retry should not be available. Everything after that was your fault. :P
Not sure what you mean by "everything after that."  Are you referring to my post regarding the page not loading correctly in Chrome and the grenade launcher?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 03:55:30 pm »
Not sure what you mean by "everything after that."  Are you referring to my post regarding the page not loading correctly in Chrome and the grenade launcher?

You can not load "plasma grenade"s in the launcher, those are hand grenades - after researching, you have to manufacture the plasma grenade ammo for the launcher.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 10:18:58 am »

The zero health zombie soldiers....

-geever