project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Missing items in storage  (Read 8618 times)

Offline Battlescared

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Missing items in storage
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 06:53:28 pm »
Thanks!  At least we know one reason items can disappear in storage.  I think in some cases, people may not realize they did this, and later wonder what happened to something while doing something else.

For now, be careful when you use the next/prev base buttons.  I think I may be able to fix this, but it's something that maybe should be addressed at a different level than what I'm working on now.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 07:11:56 pm »
Items not lost (at least in this transfer case), but immediately get transported to the destination base, bug. Big thanks to MCR, who tested his feature carefully!

-geever

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 09:54:11 pm »
Items not lost (at least in this transfer case), but immediately get transported to the destination base, bug. Big thanks to MCR, who tested his feature carefully!

-geever

So if it was you, we would still click the screen to death when changing between submenus of bases. Or are you happy about someone (possibly) made a mistake?
Also, it was accumulator who merged the patch and pushed it. He also vouched for it, so maybe you should blame him?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 12:08:13 am »
Or maybe we shouldn't get all girly and blame anyone for not being perfect. Constructive interaction instead?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 12:18:32 am »
Submenu switching is like the coder's equivalent of that door in the base map. No matter how many times you kill it, it comes back to get you.

Offline Battlescared

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 12:24:06 am »
Ugh, be thankful there is a game to have bugs in.  A lot of effort went into it and something this obscure is going to slip by.  And the way it ended up, it's more of an exploit than a defect.  I wish I had noticed it during game play.  Instant transfers would have been a nice feature. :)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 03:10:12 am »
I've fixed the itemloss issue: Required storage space was allocated twice for the disassembly. The system detected storage overload and dumped some items.

As a workaround for the current version: Make sure that you have enough space for TWO disassemlies. Also it can be a good idea to do a save-load pair after the disassembly finished to force the game recalculating the used storage space.

-geever

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 08:38:06 am »
thank you!!!