project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Missing items in storage  (Read 8617 times)

Offline jodi79

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Missing items in storage
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »
sometimes stuff disappeare from my storages(weapons, clips etc..). Is it a bug? if yes, it's a funny bug, because it seems simulating hypothetical raids from hostile people...

when i'll understand where to take the ufoconsole.log i'll send it (i've windows 7 64, i searched the .log where the FAQ send me to, and i tried using "search" tool.. atm i've failed ??? )

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Missing items in storage
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:00:09 pm »
sometimes stuff disappeare from my storages(weapons, clips etc..). Is it a bug? if yes, it's a funny bug, because it seems simulating hypothetical raids from hostile people...

I don't know such a bug. Describe it better.

when i'll understand where to take the ufoconsole.log i'll send it (i've windows 7 64, i searched the .log where the FAQ send me to, and i tried using "search" tool.. atm i've failed ??? )

You need to enable "show hidden files" option or so.

-geever

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 07:35:24 pm »
Path for Win7 is like c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\ufoai\2.4\base. The \AppData folder of course is hidden by default.

Offline jodi79

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:43:07 pm »
It happened several times(but not so often to be really annoying, that's because i wasn't sure it was a bug..): i went in storages menu to check my needs status and some stuff was disappeared. The most of the times just few things (some plasma pistol, needler gun, some clip, a few granades): i noticed that because i often check on it.

The last times was yesterday: i went in mission and i found my squad without plasma clip(rifle and pistol both), without clip for electromagnetic rifle and in lack of granades.
At the end of the mission (i won anyway, Yippee for me!  8) ), in the storage, besides the stuffs i noticed during the assignment, all particle and needler weapons and their clips, two plasma guns and various granades was missing. In this case i haven't checked the equipment before the take off but i'm quite sure they was  already absent.

It happen atm just in the bases where i have production facilities.

In first time i thought it could be happened because i had too little free space in storage and retrived or dissassembled UFO's stuffs had replaced some things, but after making some test i exclude this. So i thought it was the quislings..but, by your response i can exclude it too. 

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:45:14 pm by jodi79 »

Offline jodi79

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:50:22 pm »
thanks Shiplt!

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 10:51:57 pm »
Don't know if this would be related to thread starter's problem: my stash of alien material seems to have gone amiss, a quantity of 7000 or so. It's no longer to be found in base inventory, and I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally sell it...

To reproduce, just fast forward from the older save and keep disassembling ufos, transfer other stuff out of the "factory base" to make space for alien material as needed to continue disassembling. After a coupe ufos have been disassembled, apparently the storage gets full or whatever the cause, and alien material disappears.

savegames and log attached, in the earlier save the materials can be found at the oceania base inventory. In the later one it's all gone.

what do I need to hack to get it back ;)

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:12 pm »
another savegame, closer to the event. over 7000 alien materials, fast forward -> storages full notification, alien materials gone.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 11:37:09 pm »
argh, if you're having a hard time recreating this it's probably because getting just the right conditions seems a bit tricky... probably free storage space needs to be in a specific range for this to happen? but this one should do it:

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 12:59:27 am »
on a closer look, it's not just the alien materials that have vanished, but there are no propulsion/weapon or other components from the disassembled ufos either.

Should I post this to the bug tacker?

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 03:02:36 am »
had your problem too, kurja,

disassambled on 3 bases, tried to "unify" the material to build a dragon, transfered from the other 2 bases, all material lost @ target base, some medikits, some weapons and some ammo lost as well.

unfortunally when i realized that all used saves were newer, only one was older, more than 6 months :-/

btw: i wouldnt have transfered the material, because - intended or not - selling it and buying it on next base is much faster, but was too lazy to wait for 2500 units about to run up twice (sell, buy) instead of once (transfer). Some things in that point:

- sell/buy shouldnt be a possible 0-time transfer method
- selling/buying in 10's and 100's would be nice
- 7000 material for one figher, well, is quite much.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 09:30:12 am »
Added this to bug tracker, ID: 3526238

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 10:28:57 am »
- sell/buy shouldnt be a possible 0-time transfer method

You have a penalty there, because selling and buying is not the same price. Anyway, geever is about to change the market system.

- selling/buying in 10's and 100's would be nice

Holding down <SHIFT> will give 10's when selling/buying or transfering items, as stated in the tooltips.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 06:21:39 pm »
Have others been able to reproduce this from my savegame?

edit - if you're going to try, please use the last one I posted.

Offline Battlescared

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 05:43:00 pm »
I think I've found a bug in the transfer page that may explain missing inventory items.  If you start a transfer and then go to another base using the next base/previous base buttons at the top of the page, the existing cargo to be transferred is lost.  I am working on a modification to this page so I'll investigate and try to fix this issue since I'm not 100% it's something that I introduced or if it was a problem before I started.

If someone could verify this for me, it would help.  Please do the following:

1. Enter a base and go to the transfer page.
2. Add a few items to the cargo list.  Remember how many of each item you have in storage.
3. Click on the "Next Base" icon at the top of the screen (the little blue arrow head pointing to the right).
4. Click on the "Previous Base" icon at the top of the screen (the little blue arrow head pointing to the left).
5. Check your inventory. 

Did the items disappear?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 06:18:50 pm »
I think I've found a bug in the transfer page that may explain missing inventory items.  If you start a transfer and then go to another base using the next base/previous base buttons at the top of the page, the existing cargo to be transferred is lost.  I am working on a modification to this page so I'll investigate and try to fix this issue since I'm not 100% it's something that I introduced or if it was a problem before I started.

If someone could verify this for me, it would help.  Please do the following:

1. Enter a base and go to the transfer page.
2. Add a few items to the cargo list.  Remember how many of each item you have in storage.
3. Click on the "Next Base" icon at the top of the screen (the little blue arrow head pointing to the right).
4. Click on the "Previous Base" icon at the top of the screen (the little blue arrow head pointing to the left).
5. Check your inventory. 

Did the items disappear?

Yes! Item did disappear.

But I don't think this would explain the above-described bug, as in that case there was no transfer - just a completed ufo disassembly, after which items in storage disappeared.