Archive > Bugs in older version (2.4)

No information text?

(1/3) > >>

ChemBro:
I installed UFO: AI 2.4 from the Arch Linux repositories and started a campaign and somehow, there is not a single sentence of information, no story, no text at all. All I get is "introduction_sentence_1" or "grenade_launcher_txt" or "mail_txt".

I played previous versions and they had every text in it.

Is this intended or a bug or what's wrong here?

geever:

--- Quote from: ChemBro on May 01, 2012, 10:01:02 am ---I installed UFO: AI 2.4 from the Arch Linux repositories and started a campaign and somehow, there is not a single sentence of information, no story, no text at all. All I get is "introduction_sentence_1" or "grenade_launcher_txt" or "mail_txt".
Is this intended or a bug or what's wrong here?

--- End quote ---

It can be anything, but most probably packager's mistake.
Not compiled language files, missing lang files.

Check the language setting in options menu if it is on 'No Language' and if not, contact the package maintainer.

-geever

ChemBro:

--- Quote from: geever on May 01, 2012, 12:11:58 pm ---Check the language setting in options menu if it is on 'No Language' and if not, contact the package maintainer.
--- End quote ---

I checked German, English and No Language beforehand and the result is always the same. I'll contact the packager.

Edit: Okay, contacting the packager might be not so easy... :-/

ChemBro:
Could you elaborate on this one, if the packager is right or wrong in meaning, that this might be an upstream bug?

Arch Linux Bugreport on ufoai

--- Quote ---Description:
 If you launch the game from the home directory, you can't change language.
 I think the problem is somewhere in a relative path to lang file.
 When I launched the game from /usr/share/ufoai/ I found in strace log the following message:
 open("/usr/share/ufoai/base/i18n//ru/LC_MESSAGES/ufoai.mo", O_RDONLY) = 32
 But when I launched it from my home directory, I recieved:
 open("/home/alarm/base/i18n//ru/LC_MESSAGES/ufoai.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
--- End quote ---

geever:
On starting the game it prints whicg "game directories" it use, locale files should be in one of these.

-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version