Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: hangs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:13:45 pm »
does this occure while you are already in the battlescape? or at loading the map? some maps are quite huge and take a lot of time to load. please attach your ufoconsole.log - without it it's hard for us to help you (see the faq for ufoconsole.log info)

Offline Polux

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:15:38 pm »
This is happening with me in geoscape when my aircraft engage a UFO. Sometimes I have to wait 1 min before the game respond.

I didn't have this problem in 2.4dev version.

I have win7 64

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:21:49 am »

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:40 pm »
confirming the problem (hanging, map:mansion) win7-64 (professional)

additional problem: after doing 4-5 battles more or less without bugs my comp completely freezes within another battle (mansion, dunno if important, within or after enemy turn). Had it in 3 runs already.

will try some compatibility modes, and if that somewhen solves the problem, will report.

oh, and 3rd thing: hit% shown when aiming at enemy cant even be CLOSELY related to "reality", hitting close to never having about 10%, and missing like 50-60% of the time having 80-90% shown

Offline RealSpirit

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 12:50:35 am »
additional problem: after doing 4-5 battles more or less without bugs my comp completely freezes within another battle (mansion, dunno if important, within or after enemy turn). Had it in 3 runs already.

well, had it in a 4th run before it never again appeared. What i changed?
i turned off music AFTER i found that with Ufo-AI it was not possible to have music (winamp) running, a problem i never b4 observed. started winamp, then started Ufo-AI -> crashed. Might be there's something wrong with your sound implementation.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 11:33:45 am »
mansion just takes very long to load, because it's a really huge map. the freeze in airfights: i would really be interested in a savegame. also see this bug report about it: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3516373&group_id=157793&atid=805242

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 11:21:51 pm »
I can set up a savegame as I get many intercepts w/ fighter v fighter that would show the hangup. I assume it might be some kind of sound problem as in earlier 2.4 dev versions I had no sound effects on the geoscape but did in battlescape. The last 2.4 dev version I was using was around a March build timeframe & deleted it alltogether before I installed the 2.4 official release.

Could I add it to the bug report since I didn't open it or should I just post it here for you to get?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 08:04:06 am »
I can set up a savegame as I get many intercepts w/ fighter v fighter that would show the hangup. I assume it might be some kind of sound problem as in earlier 2.4 dev versions I had no sound effects on the geoscape but did in battlescape. The last 2.4 dev version I was using was around a March build timeframe & deleted it alltogether before I installed the 2.4 official release.

Could I add it to the bug report since I didn't open it or should I just post it here for you to get?

You can go one way or the other or both. Whatever you like.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:53:13 am »
I posted my savegame & console files in this topic

http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,6574.0.html

Offline domanz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 04:47:56 am »
I had such a hang while fighting enemy air craft myself for the first time right now. I was fighting an alien harvester with a stiletto 1 while having my sam site shoot at it, maybe that was the reason. I'll confirm by loading my savegame and see what happens if I fight without sam support, and also I'll try the same scenario again to see if this was caused by long runtime of the game.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, I had the same problem again without SAM support, so  that was not the cause, neither was runtime. Do you want me to upload my savegame, and if yes, where? Playing on a windows 7/64 bit PC, 2.4 version of the game.

Detailed problem decription: while the crafts are fighting, the framerate goes down to zero and here and there cracked sounds of the ongoing fight appear. Even though there is no visual or auditive feedback, the fight seems to continue, and once it is over, the game is 100% responsive again. Reloading the savegame wields the same results over and over again.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:53:16 am by domanz »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:01 am »
can you please try to deactivate sounds and try to reproduce the freeze?

Offline domanz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 12:58:03 pm »
can you please try to deactivate sounds and try to reproduce the freeze?

I disabled audio and this time, the freeze lasted a whole lot longer, but that may be a coincidence ofc, since the battle itself may have just been longer. Also, the game did not get responsive immediatly after the fight, but when my aircraft was at the base already. I'm going to install 2.5 parallel to 2.4 and see if the same thing is happening there.

Please tell me if you want me to disable my onboard sound card, if this is what you meant.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 01:53:20 pm »
nono, just in the game options - that's enough

Offline domanz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 08:09:56 pm »
Reporting in, with the latest 2.5-dev. build I loaded up the savegame and have had no hangs when battling the alien craft. :)