project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Reproducable fallback to desktop after finishing a mission  (Read 8224 times)

Offline mfazza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Reproducable fallback to desktop after finishing a mission
« on: April 29, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »
Hi there

I tried the next mission in the attached savegame for several times now. But after every try, i fall back to desktop and I don't know, why. I have also attached the console-log - so i hope, a developer (or someone else) can help me.

Thanks alot
mfazza

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Reproducable fallback to desktop after finishing a mission
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:59:07 pm »
I tried the next mission in the attached savegame for several times now. But after every try, i fall back to desktop and I don't know, why. I have also attached the console-log - so i hope, a developer (or someone else) can help me.

The mission just loaded fine and I could kill the aliens. I don't know what should I see in your log as the last message is a finished battle in it....

-geever

Offline mfazza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 05:20:12 pm »
Hi geever

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I can try to explain it a bit more. You're right, I can start the battle without a problem and go through the hole battle. After the battle, there is the debriefing with the stats how many aliens are killed, how many civilists are rescued and so on. When I then go on with a click, I'm on the windows-desktop. I tried this now for about 5 or 6 times and everytime this happened. There are no messages or warnings or something. I'm just back on the windows-desktop.

Do you could end the mission and go on on the geoscape?

Offline mfazza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:58 pm »
I now tried to let the ai make the mission and it worked. Now I have the problem, when I finish the next mission: after debriefing, ufoai crash to desktop without any errormessage or something.

I play in german, have win7 and the latest release. Attached the new savegame.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:00 pm »
I played both missions on my WIN7 laptop. No problems afterwards. Did you sell or store the UFO?

Offline mfazza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 10:03:39 pm »
I was not able to choose this. I cannot do the mission on myself. Always the crash after the debriefing and before the choise what to do with the ufo.

Is it, because an beginning of the mission, most of my soldiers are injured and after the mission - I let them heal each other - they arent? I cannot explain this.

I now uninstalled ufo and try it again with a new installation - I even downloaded it again... hopefully it works.

Offline mfazza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:32:45 pm »
Nothing changed! =( Can anyone, who played my savegame send me a new savegame after this mission? Thx!

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 10:34:26 am »
Played on WinXP, saved right after the mission.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 10:18:12 pm »
do you get an popup that asks you to upload a crashdump to the devs? if yes, please do that. otherwise please check out your current working directory (where you lauch ufoai from) for a crashdump.txt file and attach it here please.

Offline mfazza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 12:19:47 am »
@ShipIt: Thanks alot... now I can play the game without any problems. I can't imagine, what the problem was.

@Mattn: I checked the installation-folder (E:\Program Files (x86)\UFOAI-2.4) and the appdata-folder for the crashdump-file, but did not find anyone. Perhaps, it has been deleted already because everything works correct now?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:04 am »
@ShipIt: Thanks alot... now I can play the game without any problems. I can't imagine, what the problem was.

@Mattn: I checked the installation-folder (E:\Program Files (x86)\UFOAI-2.4) and the appdata-folder for the crashdump-file, but did not find anyone. Perhaps, it has been deleted already because everything works correct now?

Glad I could help you.

Now, please do me one favor. DonĀ“t send your soldiers out while in such a bad shape.  Some of those guys were near dead before the mission even started!  :)

Offline mfazza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:09 am »
Well, I play the battles alternately on my own or with the automatic. After the automatic-battle, my soldiers look like you have seen it in my savegame. Then, wenn I play the next battle on my own, I heal them with the medipack and they all are near 100%.

Offline McGee

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 03:33:53 pm »
At first hello to all you XCOM and UFOAI fans and thx to the developers of this great game.
It's really fun playing it ... until I got to this annoying bug already posted here.

In detail: I experience exactly the same problems mfazza described above.
Today I tried to continue my saved game from yesterday, but after finishing the oncoming mission, the game reproducably crashes to desktop.
It doesn't seem to matter if you finish the mission by killing each alien or by aborting the mission (letting all your soldiers die):
by clicking on the button to continue from the listing of mission informations (how many aliens and soldiers were killed, etc) and before getting back to the geoscape (where you're usually asked what to do with the UFO wreck), the game always crashes to desktop.
So I have to finish the mission automatically (if available) or startover from an older savegame, hoping this problem wouldn't occur too soon again.

I'm playing the actual UFOAI 2.4 rc on Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), savegame and ufoconsole.log are attached.
Perhaps someone else can reproduce the crashes, but reading the above discussion, this is eventually not reproducable under other people's UFOAI installations.

Thx in advance and hoping someone can help or at least reproduce these repeating crashes
McGee
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:36:17 pm by McGee »