project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: I miss for X-Com: Apocalypse  (Read 3337 times)

Offline DrunkenStranger

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
I miss for X-Com: Apocalypse
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:05:10 pm »
Why PHALANX is alone organization in the world? Id like to see another 10-20 corporations with they own government, interests, methods, bases and tactical squads.

• Changes in organization government can change organization interests and methods.
  • Each organization has they own financial sources.
  • Organizations can attack or help PHALANX aircrafts, bases.
  • They can visit PHALANX tactical or wait for PHALANX clear the territory and attack us.

For example
Type: pharmaceutical corporation
Government: 5 main shareholders
PHALANX alignment: neutral
Alien connections: unknown
Interests: advanced neurobiological research with alien technologies to improve own profit
Methods: payoffs and spying
Bases: blah blah blah
Tactical squads: blah blah blah

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: I miss for X-Com: Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:54:29 pm »
Didn't those corporation spring up and gain their power due to the various hilariously lopsided alien invasions?

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:51:25 pm »
Doesn't really fit the setting IMO. PHALANX is not a corporate organization, but a UN one. The only real 'competitors' are national/supranational militaries, which I don't think would really want to compete with PHALANX (but they really should have more to do with the game, right now they are there as civilians, background stories and red shirts).

Offline DrunkenStranger

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:38 pm »
That was really fit in X-Com: Apocalypse. I see no reason to doubt that in UFO AI.

PHALANX is not a corporate organization
Why not? This is close organization with you in head. PHALANX main customers is national governments, but there is another financial sources. Technically, PHALANX can survive only with alien technology selling.

The only real 'competitors' are national/supranational militaries, which I don't think would really want to compete with PHALANX
National military and PHALANX is different levels. National military means 1000 tanks in one region. PHALANX means a point operations everywhere (like hitman, like corporation tactical squad).

Didn't those corporation spring up and gain their power due to the various hilariously lopsided alien invasions?
Some corporations - yes, some corporations lose their power on it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:31:12 pm by DrunkenStranger »