project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Hire new soldiers/scientists/engineers  (Read 8776 times)

sirg

Hire new soldiers/scientists/engineers
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 02:08:21 pm »
After a while playing it matters less how each skill level is named, but I get curious about how long does it take for a soldier to advance from one level to the other. I read a topic about it but still am confused.
How about rank? I have a "rookie" soldier that has 10 missions and 11 kills, and other with 8 missions and 13 kills, but got up to "captain". Why?

Other question, why isn't the "hire list" updated with slightly better soldiers, or just other guys, as time goes by? I propose a separate list with hired personel and other with people available for hire. Now they are mixed on the same list.

Elbenfreund

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 02:20:18 pm »
the _not yet fully implemented_ promotion process has been discused here as well as in the manual :) its not about kills but your mind skill. in general.

best regards, eric.

Offline lfloden

• Rookie
    • View Profile
2.1 Dev
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 12:04:55 am »
Why in 2.1 do all the soldiers start with such high stats? Makes the game a little too easy.

And why are the workers dressed like prostitutes?

ubequitz

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 10:09:58 am »
Ifloden, 2.1 has numerous changes that are affecting balance (and many of these changes are half-done, pending or somewhat experimental). Thus 2.1 doesn't play anywhere near as nicely as 2.0 yet, but that can change pretty quickly once all the features needed to implement the new story-line are complete. And yes, there is a pressing need for some better worker/scientist/medic models (maybe someone can investigate: http://www.makehuman.org ... but don't forget the poloygon limitations for models in a game!).