project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Save game folder  (Read 2949 times)

Offline RagnarDa

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Save game folder
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:59:49 pm »
I've recently changed OS on my computer from Windows to Ubuntu 11.10. I'd like to continue my game in the new OS but can't find where to put the save-games. I'm using a few weeks old build from the SVN. Also, I'm a Linux noob...  :D

Offline wizardelo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Save game folder
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:45:05 pm »
/home/(username)/.ufoai/2.4-dev/base/save

depending on ur username or version ur playing path might change slightly.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:56:25 pm »
I'm using a few weeks old build from the SVN.

Not sure if that is a typo or not, but we no longer use SVN. We now use GIT. If you look under the Development (latest) section on our download page, you can see more about how to get our repository.

Offline RagnarDa

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:40:20 pm »
Sorry, meant git...

It was because I didnt showed hidden files that I couldn't find the folder. Thanks for quick reply!

Also, no way to keep saves when updating to a new major revision? I've spent a lot of hours on this game, and it would be wonderful not having to start all over again... I think my old game was in version 2.3.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:49 pm »
Also, no way to keep saves when updating to a new major revision? I've spent a lot of hours on this game, and it would be wonderful not having to start all over again... I think my old game was in version 2.3.

Sorry to say, but the answer is no. So many things have changed since 2.3 it would take much time to assemble a conversion tool and noone could guarantee compatibility then either.

-geever