project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Suggestion de modification  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Vaessar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Suggestion de modification
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »
Bonjour

J'aime beaucoup la game de jeu "UFO", et il me semble que la version "UFO: AI" révèle encore quelques ajustements à faire, inspiré de "ufo 2, terror from the deep"
I like the games "UFO", and I suggest little notification for "UFO AI", inspired from "ufo 2, terror from the deep"

1) La bataille de vaisseaux / the battle ship

Comme "ufo 2, tftd" le trajet du vaisseau du vaisseau vers sa cible se fait en tactique et le combat entre vaisseau se fait en stratégique.
Ainsi on peut avoir un contrôle sur le combat, et choisir "combat facile, je continue", "combat moyen je prend le risque (ou pas)", ou "combat difficile, je fais une retraite"

Like "ufo 2, tftd" the travel of the ship on his target is on a tactical map, and the battle by the ship is on a strategical map.
Then we can have a control on the fight, and choose "easy fight, I continu", "average fight, I'll try (or not)", or "hard fight, I make a retirement"

2) Les soins / The healing

Le medikit permet de soigner les soldat instantanément d'une certaine quantité de pv (point de vie), sans condition. Mais alors qu'est ce qui empêche aux soldat d'utiliser le médikit une fois revenu dans la base ? Et si oui, quel est l'utilité de l'hôpital ?
Je suggère de mettre en place un système d'hémorragie: lorsque un soldat se fait blesser, il perd un certain nombre de pv et prend entre 0 et 3 point d'hémorragie. Ce nombre de point correspond au nombre de pv qu'il perd tout les rounds. Chaque utilisation du medikit permet de récupérer des pv et de réduire l'hémorragie de 1. Une fois l'hémorragie arrivé à 0, le médikit ne peut plus être utilisé sur le soldat blessé, il ne peut être soigné qu'à l'hopital.
Comme dans UFO 2

The medikit heals th soldiers of an amount of hp (healing point), without condition. Why can't they use the medikit ont the base ? If yes, what's use of the hospital ?
I suggest to make a systeme of bleeding: When a soldier is hit, he lose a nomber of hp and take between 0 and 3 bleeding point. The soldier lose a number of hp equal of his bleeding point, by round.
Each use of the medikit heals a number of hp, and substract the bleeding point by 1. If the bleeding point is at 0, then the medikit can't be use on the soldier, the soldier can only be heals at the hospital.
Likes UFO 2

3) Le nombre de soldat / The number of soldier.

Je possède 2 firebird tout équipé dans une de mes base, et je me suis pris une attaque des aliens. Je possède donc 16 soldats et pourtant, lors de l'attaque, je ne peut en contrôler que 8 pour me défendre.
Je suggère de ne pas limiter une escouade à 8 soldats

I have 2 firebird in my base and I have suffer an alien attack. Then, I have 16 soldier, unless, I can contrôle only 8 soldiers to defender my base.
I suggest to not limit a squad to 8 soldiers

En espérant que ces suggestion vous apporte
Hoping this critical make you up

Merci à vous !
Thank you !

:)

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion de modification
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:50:44 pm »
Hi,

Yes i think we are working on most of the things you requested:
* i understand someone want to rework the aircraft fights, but i am not sure about it
* i also understand we are reworking medikits
* and i am quite sure we will allow to manage more than 8 soldiers for ufoai 2.5

Maybe you can find on the forum some specific topics about this 3 things.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »
.... and english would be cool

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 11:05:50 pm »
.... and english would be cool

Shhh mattn, his post in both languages.*whisper* :P

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:29:38 pm »
Shhh mattn, his post in both languages.*whisper* :P

It was still hard to read it. This is an English forum!

-geever

Offline Vaessar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:00:39 am »
Thank for your answer !

I'm french, and I know that my english is rough, so I've wright in french and in english. So, if you don't understand in english, you can ask someone to translate you since my french text.

Thank again !

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:37 am »
haha - great - i haven't even noticed this.

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:42 am »
Merci pour le suggestions! Je suis anglais, et je parle Franglais!

Geever, Matt - I can read French better than I can write it. As I understand it, the suggestions were roughly like this:

1. I think there's a damage indicator for interceptors in UFO:AI but Vaessar's talking about having something like this:

Perhaps one way of looking at it is gameplay - if you had the option to control the interceptor missions with buttons to stay a safe distance, use your longest range weapons only, get close up and give 'em the works, or retreat if you were getting low on ammo or suffering heavy damage, it'd make shooting UFOs down a bit more interesting and you wouldn't be busy staring at something happening the other side of the globe instead.

But I'd say there's an even better justification for it - readability.

I have lots of visual impairments including colour blindness, and I know I can't zoom in deep enough or fast enough to read the health bars during air combat. I can see they're there but that's it. Moreover, if I have time sped up and am monitoring several UFO interceptions at once then by the time I have decent air-to-air weapons, each dogfight's over so fast even at the slowest speed, I still don't get to see much beyond "alien crash" or "you lost".

Once I had an alien tech interceptor and zoomed right into a combat over Antarctica and then I think I saw a health indicator on the interceptor but it was "blink and you miss it" and maybe I imagined it.

EDIT: I simply don't have the time to work on it right now, but in the summer I might have time to cook something up along these lines.

2. About the medikits - Even in 2.5 it takes the better part of a month to heal a grunt in hospital when someone with a medikit can treat them on the battlefield in a matter of 2-3 rounds. If the medikit's that good then why isn't the hospital faster? I like Vaessar's suggestion - on Battlescape, injuries treated in hospital have a "zero bleed" and cannot be healed by medikit, but injuries on the battlefield result in a loss of 1-3 HP every round in addition to the injury's primary effect. The only way to keep the soldier alive is to get the mission completed AND use the medikit to reduce the loss per round and recover the HP lost.

3. The 8 soldier limit's been discussed lots of times before and IIRC someone once started working on a mod to remove it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:20:56 am by ManicMiner »

Offline Vaessar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 02:05:40 pm »
Glade to meet you

I'm waiting the 2.5 version of "UFO: AI" with impatience  ;)

Yes, you understand what I want to suggest.

About the battle ship, (it's not for now, I understand) but maybe to eventually project to update the rule since ufo2:

- Make a round by round timer
- Have a contrôle of the ship manoeuver ( make a side, rear or front attack, make a dive or a looping manoeuver ) depending the type of ship, the technology and the pilot experience
- Not deals damage by percent, but by piece of craft (Aileron damaged, engine damaged, front weapon damaged...)
- Organise a formation attack with some ships
- Other (some idea ?)

I'm not waiting this for the 2.5 version of "ufo: ai" , but just chating about what is possible and what is interesting

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:12 pm »
The simple solution to resolve the intercept option is to zoom in on the UFO and set the time down to the slowest playback as soon as the first shot is fired in the encounter - giving people plenty of scope to either "fast forward" or abandon the interception. The only problem there is that UFOs will follow your damaged interceptor so once you've committed to attacking it, there's no way to retreat without losing the craft.