Archive > Bugs prior to release 2.4

2.5 Dev - differences observed from 2.4 Dev

(1/2) > >>

ManicMiner:
Hi,

I've been compiling from source and noticed on the last compile it went from 2.4dev to 2.5dev and this resulted in a couple of minor differences between 2.5 and 2.4.

1. Saved game folder seems to have been pointed elsewhere. Not a problem but it is a minor annoyance. Haven't checked if there's a savegame break.
2. The globe - for some reason it just looks way, way better with the nighttime lights and relief on zoom.
3. In Battlescape, if you clicked on the fire button and got the popup showing the attack options you used to be able to "cancel" by right-clicking. Now you can't.
4. The farm texture for the fields now looks totally different. It's easier to read, but looks nothing like any farmland I've ever seen...
5. Getting a much more interesting variety of Battlescape locations.
6. Is it me or are the Tamans a lot more intelligent? I had one rotter lob a plasma grenade out of a first floor window, it bounced off a wall and round a corner and killed two grunts. How the Taman knew they were there is anybody's guess.
7. I've had to really start using the first aid kit throughout a mission instead of waiting till "last alien" and then sending the wounded into a group where they can all heal each other. This is a good thing.

If I see anything else, I'll post it here, but so far so AWESOME!!!

ManicMiner:
Another quick observation - when I click on a base, it preselects the last view in there (e.g. if I was looking at the hospital, next time I click on that base it goes straight to the hospital). Not sure if this is due to mouse sensitivity or something else.

Styar:
Man. Your post is out of topic. There is bug revew here, not just description of new version.

Kildor:
Well, for me it is a bug.

MCR:

--- Quote from: ManicMiner on April 11, 2012, 09:41:22 am ---Another quick observation - when I click on a base, it preselects the last view in there (e.g. if I was looking at the hospital, next time I click on that base it goes straight to the hospital). Not sure if this is due to mouse sensitivity or something else.

--- End quote ---
Confirmed.
Bug report here: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3516845&group_id=157793&atid=805242

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version