project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Buglist 2.4dev Mar 9 2012  (Read 11057 times)

Offline beamer145

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Buglist 2.4dev Mar 9 2012
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:55:19 pm »
Hi,

I wanted to finish the game first before posting bugs I encountered, but given the call for bug submissions for the 2.4 release and the fact that finishing takes a little longer then expected I will already post the first part.
My system info:
Win7 x64 / 2600K / 8Gb / Radeon 6950
Ufo AI 2.4dev IA32 Mar 9 2012 Win32 Debug

- Armours of killed members dissappear after a mission ... bug or feature?
- I think armours of surviving members also sometimes dissappear after a mission ? This happened after I produced a few nanocomposite armours for the first time, but after I got to the point where everyone had one I did not see this anymore so now I am not 100% sure. Since the unit that had the nanocomposite armour toke some heavy fire I thought this was a feature for a while (wearing of armour), but now I don't know anymore.
- In the soldier equipment screen, when removing an armour from a person (by dragging or by replacing by different armour), it is not added to the storage pool.
- I cant find a way to add an uvg to the dropship ... missing functionality ?
- An uvg occupies living space ??
- In the employees screen, the UVGs are not shown so that the sum of the employees is not equal to the total occupation
- When selling an UVG, in the base main screen the number of used living space is not updated.
  In the base summary screen and employees screen it is correct.
  Unfortunately, when trying to hire an employee in the employees screen, it seems he takes the number of the base overview (eg 60/60) screen because although the employees screen shows eg 59/60, I get the no free space message.
Note: After several months of ingame play time, I tried again and then I could add the extra person.
Screenshots: ufo00_NotEnoughQuarters.jpg, ufo01_NotEnoughQuarters.jpg, ufo02_NotEnoughQuarters.jpg
- Dead alien bodies accumulating ... what can I do with them ?
- Automated missions are sometimes not possible (button grayed out) .. bug or feature ?
- At one point the mailclients messages stayed in the unread state even after reading them. Actually, it seemed the last unread message remained 2 slots behind the real unread message (meaning at the end I had 3 unread messages). Pressing mark all as read solved the issue.
I had this when the combination of proposal: live alien + Re: live alien/Proposal: alien mind +Proposal: electrolaser was marked as unread.
- There is something strange going on regarding how the UFOs available for disassembling appear in the list and how they are assigned to a base. The column that normally shows the number of available items in your base is ofter >1 (does that mean more than 1 ufo of that type, % damage are on your yards?), and if you select that ufo then the entire line moves to the top as if all such UFOs  (type, damage combination) are going to be dissassembled. I cannot find much logic in it, and I feel  I sometimes have ufo's sitting in my yards that I cannot disassemble (though I never did the math)
- If you are hit during movement by reaction fire, only health is adjusted but your movement time units are not subtracted . (100 % reproducable.)
- When several messages occur at the same time (eg research complete + new research proposal), only the last one is shown.
You can ofcourse see them all in the mailbox and by dropping down the message 'box', but it is still a bit confusing at first. Not sure how it can be made better (show new messages for at least a second before replacing it by a new one ?)
- Seen once: group of 4 units all crouched, sniper on second 'row', aimed shot : did not fire, got stuck in an animation loop where unit is constantly wobbling with the gun for the rest of the turn (solved next turn)
- If a unit you are attempting to heal is shot dead by reaction fire before you apply the healing, you still lose the healing TUs. That does not really make sense. This Man is Dead, Jim, no point in trying to save him :).
- Seen once: After clicking the enter a mission butten, hangs for a few seconds, then exits to desktop without any further info. Not repeatable when loading from savegame right before the mission, but even then it seemed to hang for a few seconds before loading the map slower then usual.
Reason is probably related to the map ? (rather large map near the sea, with a swimming pool and umbrellas, and pretty extensive underground corridors ... I tried looking for the map in the multiplayer maps but could not find it ( it is not 'resort' which also happens to have umbrellas))
- Seen once (just before posting): Alien/Civilian turn did not end, gui kept being responsive but it just said it is not my turn. Probably unrelated, but this happened in the battlescape the first time I downed a 'new' alien ship (don't know name yet) which appeared right after i used the stringray for the first time.
Nothing out of the ordinary on the console.
- The needler gun audio seems to always have 'ouch' audio, even if the aliens shoot it in the wall and don't seem to hit any of my team members ?
- Every once and a while a random crash to the desktop, not sure what info I can provide to help pinpoint these.
In attachment the console log of one of the crashes (randomcrash_consolelog01.txt) .

Map problems:
- Base under attack map: the ground level exit/entrance of a workshop, when going from the inside to the outside: once you open the door, it is not possible for another unit to go to the doors position. Workaround: go to the square next to the door handle, close the door, move to the doors position, open door again, now you can exit.
When going from the outside to the inside you have the same problem: you cannot enter the tile of the open door, and I have found no workaround (if the door is closed, you cant enter either)
- Railroad map: Pretty odd movement bug on the in the upper left corner of the fence, at the gap closest to the nose of your dropship, there is some wood on on the floor inside the fenced area. There is position on the map there (on that wood) you are allowed to crouch into, but if you stand up, you cannot move anymore. So if you crouch in there, then kill the enemies and stand up, it seems you unit is stuck there for the rest of the battlescape. (Till you start experimenting and figure out that you can get out of there by crouching again.)
screenshot: ufo03_BridgeMapCrouchOnly.jpg

Other remarks:
- Seems a few of the maps are selected 90% of the time (and therefore become boring quickly).
- It would be realistic if scientists of different bases could work together on the same topic. We are anno 2084 right ?
- Why are persons transferable, it is easier I just fire them from one base and rehire them in another (there are no unions right ? :) )? (Same goes for inventory)
- Inventory management : The autosell does not seem to work (not until you sell manually to 0 the first time ? I don't get it yet). I would also prefer a more elaborate mechanisms to keep goods (especially ammo) available but not too much either (eg instead of the sell we have now, make it a (per base ?) target window (min - max), and allow to automatically redistribute between bases/sell/buy + a warning when we fall below min (so that you know your soldiers are going on a mission without ammo/your interceptors take of without ammo.
- If your soldiers are being attacked my an invisible enemy (out of sight), show them being attacked. This is already present for shots, but not for bloodspiders (i have had a unit being killed without me knowing it, i only got audio feedback ("ouch") but did not know it was one of my soldiers io civilians .... till she was dead.
- Maybe make it clearer what the distinction is between a surviving alien and a captured alien. I wondered for a while why the surviving aliens that often resulted from an auto mission did not appear in my alien containment, and how the auto missions managed to have surviving aliens in the first place as i did not have anything yet to stun them.
- I was also long time confused about the UFO shipyards. I accumalated them there till it is full, but there is no explanation what I should be doing with them. And some obsolete info about 'ufo hangars' had me waiting for some kind of tech I could research in order to build ufo hangars.
- Crafts should show if they need a small or a large hangar.

I know the Alien AI still needs work, but these 2 seem like low hanging fruit and it would become a much more enjoyable experience if they were improved:
- AI: Aliens seem to able to see through walls to know where my units are. So far ok to compensate for lack of intelligence, but they also seem to 'think' they can shoot through those walls, which is a bit stupid (so it seems often they don't take into account obstactles when taking a shot).
- AI: Aliens seem to go for the 'weakest' link when targetting units (aka least health). Unfortunately they often walk right past units that are right next to them in order to do that.

Story remarks:
- The background story about the hive mind, and single aliens in containment being unintelligent would also imply that the more aliens you kill during a mission, the less intelligent the remaining ones become. So maybe that is not the best choice for a background story.
- It is mentioned the fighter has 3 duty stations, but often you have more then 3 aliens if you shoot down such a fighter.

Pfiew, so far for the first post.
And thanks for a great game !
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:03:08 pm by beamer145 »

Offline beamer145

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Buglist 2.4dev Mar 9 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:57:04 pm »
<additional attachments>

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 12:12:13 am »
Hi,

First of all, thank you very very much for the review and the lengthy post of possible bugs. I'll try answering a few of your questions.

- Armours of killed members dissappear after a mission ... bug or feature?

Feature as far as I know, soldiers burried in their armour, but I will check.

- I think armours of surviving members also sometimes dissappear after a mission ?

That should not happen. Any ways of reproducing?

- In the soldier equipment screen, when removing an armour from a person (by dragging or by replacing by different armour), it is not added to the storage pool.

I think there was a bug UI was not correctly updated, but removed armour was added to the storage (well, in fact they're not removed ever). Could you check that? By exiting, and reentering the UI does it appear?

- I cant find a way to add an uvg to the dropship ... missing functionality ?
- An uvg occupies living space ??
- In the employees screen, the UVGs are not shown so that the sum of the employees is not equal to the total occupation
- When selling an UVG, in the base main screen the number of used living space is not updated.
  In the base summary screen and employees screen it is correct.
  Unfortunately, when trying to hire an employee in the employees screen, it seems he takes the number of the base overview (eg 60/60) screen because although the employees screen shows eg 59/60, I get the no free space message.
Note: After several months of ingame play time, I tried again and then I could add the extra person.
Screenshots: ufo00_NotEnoughQuarters.jpg, ufo01_NotEnoughQuarters.jpg, ufo02_NotEnoughQuarters.jpg

UGV are not yet implemented and will be removed from 2.4.

- Dead alien bodies accumulating ... what can I do with them ?

Nothing. We haven't decided what to do with them, maybe they will be "removed" (not stored) in the future.

- Automated missions are sometimes not possible (button grayed out) .. bug or feature ?

Some kind of missions (which are marked as "story line missions") cannot be solved by automission. (UFO-Crash missions keep the original mission goal)

- At one point the mailclients messages stayed in the unread state even after reading them. Actually, it seemed the last unread message remained 2 slots behind the real unread message (meaning at the end I had 3 unread messages). Pressing mark all as read solved the issue.
I had this when the combination of proposal: live alien + Re: live alien/Proposal: alien mind +Proposal: electrolaser was marked as unread.

I remember that bug. I'm sad it didn't die out on it's own...

- There is something strange going on regarding how the UFOs available for disassembling appear in the list and how they are assigned to a base. The column that normally shows the number of available items in your base is ofter >1 (does that mean more than 1 ufo of that type, % damage are on your yards?), and if you select that ufo then the entire line moves to the top as if all such UFOs  (type, damage combination) are going to be dissassembled. I cannot find much logic in it, and I feel  I sometimes have ufo's sitting in my yards that I cannot disassemble (though I never did the math)

Yeah, it's not self-intuitive enough. UFOs are listed individually in that list, and the "count" field shows how much UFOs of that type you have at the UFO Yard the actual UFO is on. Let's see an example:

* UFO - Scout (41%)                          1    <- on UFO Yard #1
* UFO - Harvester (100%)                   2    <- on UFO Yard #1
* UFO - Harvester (100%)                   1    <- on UFO Yard #2
* UFO - Harvester (100%)                   2    <- on UFO Yard #1

So you have
1 Scout on UFO Yard #1
2 Harvesters on UFO Yard #1
1 Harvester on UFO Yard #2

You're right, the UI needs to get redesigned. :(

- If you are hit during movement by reaction fire, only health is adjusted but your movement time units are not subtracted . (100 % reproducable.)

Known and probably fixed Bug#3508515

- When several messages occur at the same time (eg research complete + new research proposal), only the last one is shown.
You can ofcourse see them all in the mailbox and by dropping down the message 'box', but it is still a bit confusing at first. Not sure how it can be made better (show new messages for at least a second before replacing it by a new one ?)

You can make the messagelist bigger by clicking on the green dot in the corner of the sidebar. The list is also scrollable.

- Seen once: After clicking the enter a mission butten, hangs for a few seconds, then exits to desktop without any further info. Not repeatable when loading from savegame right before the mission, but even then it seemed to hang for a few seconds before loading the map slower then usual.
Reason is probably related to the map ? (rather large map near the sea, with a swimming pool and umbrellas, and pretty extensive underground corridors ... I tried looking for the map in the multiplayer maps but could not find it ( it is not 'resort' which also happens to have umbrellas))

It can be due to the map. posting a report with the ufoconsole.log could help us much.
I think this map was 'mansion' which was finetuned since that.

- Seen once (just before posting): Alien/Civilian turn did not end, gui kept being responsive but it just said it is not my turn. Probably unrelated, but this happened in the battlescape the first time I downed a 'new' alien ship (don't know name yet) which appeared right after i used the stringray for the first time.

Maybe the AI was stuck? It should not happen..

- The needler gun audio seems to always have 'ouch' audio, even if the aliens shoot it in the wall and don't seem to hit any of my team members ?

Some weapons - like needlers - have a bit wall-penetration ability, so I can imagine that they shot down a civilian through the wall.

Other remarks:
- Seems a few of the maps are selected 90% of the time (and therefore become boring quickly).
- It would be realistic if scientists of different bases could work together on the same topic. We are anno 2084 right ?

Sometimes realism and gameplay experience don't travel in the same cart. We've choosen gameplay against realism.

- Why are persons transferable, it is easier I just fire them from one base and rehire them in another (there are no unions right ? :) )? (Same goes for inventory)

You've asked the wrong question. ;) The right one are: Why can I immediately hire personel and buy items on any base.
And the answer is: Because it's not yet done. I'll reimplement buying to behave more like the transfers: FR#2014115

- Inventory management : The autosell does not seem to work (not until you sell manually to 0 the first time ? I don't get it yet).

It works. It sells items brought home from missions only. (by design)

- Maybe make it clearer what the distinction is between a surviving alien and a captured alien. I wondered for a while why the surviving aliens that often resulted from an auto mission did not appear in my alien containment, and how the auto missions managed to have surviving aliens in the first place as i did not have anything yet to stun them.

There was a bug in the automission code so it could be ended if either one of teams died (often civilians). It's been fixed on 2012-03-18 - a bit later than your build was created.

Ok, my brain burnt out for now.. :)
Thanks once more for the testing!
-geever

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:33:23 am »
Hi!
Welcome to the forums,
I'll try to help some more.

I had this happen to me, but now I can no longer reproduce it in the more recent versions, maybe it already died out?
Will check this again.

- Seen once: group of 4 units all crouched, sniper on second 'row', aimed shot : did not fire, got stuck in an animation loop where unit is constantly wobbling with the gun for the rest of the turn (solved next turn)
Seems to be an old bug, several attempts to fix it before IIRC, apparently with no success.

- If a unit you are attempting to heal is shot dead by reaction fire before you apply the healing, you still lose the healing TUs. That does not really make sense. This Man is Dead, Jim, no point in trying to save him :).
I suspect it's because the medikit is currently implemented as a negative damage weapon, and as you probably know weapons continue shooting even after the target is dead, medikit is scheduled to be reimplemented at some point in the future (really I consider it almost an exploit in its current state) maybe this will fix itself then?

This has been reported already (Bug #3510632).

- Every once and a while a random crash to the desktop, not sure what info I can provide to help pinpoint these.
In attachment the console log of one of the crashes (randomcrash_consolelog01.txt) .
Seems like Bug #3409184 to me.

- Base under attack map: the ground level exit/entrance of a workshop, when going from the inside to the outside: once you open the door, it is not possible for another unit to go to the doors position. Workaround: go to the square next to the door handle, close the door, move to the doors position, open door again, now you can exit.
When going from the outside to the inside you have the same problem: you cannot enter the tile of the open door, and I have found no workaround (if the door is closed, you cant enter either)
This door was made open-able only recently, in fact I wasn't aware of it until a few days ago, and have never used it, guess you are the first to notice this. :)

- Railroad map: Pretty odd movement bug on the in the upper left corner of the fence, at the gap closest to the nose of your dropship, there is some wood on on the floor inside the fenced area. There is position on the map there (on that wood) you are allowed to crouch into, but if you stand up, you cannot move anymore. So if you crouch in there, then kill the enemies and stand up, it seems you unit is stuck there for the rest of the battlescape. (Till you start experimenting and figure out that you can get out of there by crouching again.)
This can also happen when crawling below harvester wings, and possibly other low passages, I posted Bug #3500087 about this a while back.

- If your soldiers are being attacked my an invisible enemy (out of sight), show them being attacked. This is already present for shots, but not for bloodspiders (i have had a unit being killed without me knowing it, i only got audio feedback ("ouch") but did not know it was one of my soldiers io civilians .... till she was dead.
Always watch your back!!!
But seriously if you are being bitten by something -and are conscious- you turn around automatically (or shout for help if you are immobilized), so you are right this should be addressed.

- I was also long time confused about the UFO shipyards. I accumalated them there till it is full, but there is no explanation what I should be doing with them. And some obsolete info about 'ufo hangars' had me waiting for some kind of tech I could research in order to build ufo hangars.
Where is this obsolete info? It should be removed.

- AI: Aliens seem to go for the 'weakest' link when targetting units (aka least health). Unfortunately they often walk right past units that are right next to them in order to do that.
And this also makes them go for civilians (which have lower max HP than your weakest soldier) before your soldiers very often, unfortunate indeed.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:21:45 am »

I made some adjustments on the map for this. It is not a fix, as the real problems in this case is here.

BTW, the map actually is called "Bridge".

Neverending story. Tried to fix this one, so both doors in workshop should now work without problems. Feedback welcome.

Thanks for reporting.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:29:38 am »
@geever

Maybe the AI was stuck? It should not happen..
-geever

This maybe is the same problem already reported by Aprogas.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3510632&group_id=157793&atid=805242

Offline beamer145

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 02:05:08 pm »
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3510632&group_id=157793&atid=805242

I too had stunned 2 of my own units earlier in the game & a pretty high amount of gas for a 3th unit (not by accident but to prevent one of them from being killed, i swear  :) ).
That 3th unit was shot and as a result stunned in the turn that never ended (or maybe the turn right before that, not 100 % sure anymore).
Sorry about not mentioning that before, I thought the problem was related to the new ship, not the stunning as it seems now.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 03:43:51 pm »
This door was made open-able only recently, in fact I wasn't aware of it until a few days ago, and have never used it, guess you are the first to notice this. :)

@DarkRain
Just out of curiousity about the history of this recently added door. This door is a real pain for the game, highly resistant against fixes, so any attempt to fix it will  produce new problems every time. So I doubt this will be the last time we hear of it. ???

Offline beamer145

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 09:01:34 pm »

The problem seems indeed easily reproducable when you start stunning soldiers.
I just recreated it by gassing 3 soldiers. I first tried with a single soldier and having that one shot. That did not trigger the problem, though it was also a bit special, because he was shot, stunned and then immediately revived when it was my turn.  Then i stunned another 3 soldiers, ended the turn, and then I had the problem. (the first one I stunned/got shot/got revived is in the screenshot selected).
BTW entering 'help' in the console seemed to complete lock the application, not sure if that is because help is not supported or because the application is in a weird state (console log in attachment)
Corresponding savegame right before the mission is also in attachment.
------------------------------

[BPE] In the soldier equipment screen, when removing an armour from a person (by dragging or by replacing by different armour), it is not added to the storage pool.

[geever]I think there was a bug UI was not correctly updated, but removed armour was added to the storage (well, in fact they're not removed ever). Could you check that? By exiting, and reentering the UI does it appear?

[DarkRain]I had this happen to me, but now I can no longer reproduce it in the more recent versions, maybe it already died out?
Will check this again.

I can confirm that the number is updated correctly by going to the world view and reopening the base view.
I also noticed that if I start a new game, buy some armour, assign to a unit, then drag back to storage, the problem does not occur.
If after buying and assigning to a unit; I exit to world view, let some time pass and then drag the armour from the unit back into storage, then I have the problem. Strange!?

--------------------

Where is this obsolete info? It should be removed.
Not ingame, so that is OK.
I just started googling on how I was suppose to disassemble ufo's because obviously I was missing something, and that gives you some hits that still mention the ufo hangars. Probably some forum posts , but also eg http://ufoai.org/wiki/index.php/Translation:B_large_ufo_hangar_txt/en
Other realisation on why I had problems finding this: as a first time player you explore all menus/options/screens to get to know the possibilities, and initially the disassembly screen of a workshop is empty and you really don't know what its purpose is. So you overwhelmed by all that new info you kind of mentally dismiss that screen as not particularly interesting and never look at it again.
Might be solved by something like putting a 'UFO disassembly not yet available' or something message in under the tab.

-------------
The map that hang when loading seemed indeed to be mansion (I have no preview of mansion in the multiplayer create game)
The map with the crouching problem is indeed bridge, sorry (stupid, I actually originally thought it was called 'railroad bridge', then looked it up in the multiplayer map overview and saw it was only one noun, and somehow managed to write down the wrong half of what I remembered. Go figure.)

-------------
Additional new remarks:

- The default graphical settings completely "white out" bases and other icons on antarctica. The effect also occurs on the circles representing sam/radar radiusses. Meaning you have to start a clickfest to find your base on antarctica on a sunny day (or get there via starting from a different base). That may unintentionally be realistic though ;)
Can be fixed by playing with the settings though so not a huge issue.

- Except for 1 map(where the alien ship is on a hill ?), soldiers will have entered the ship when the mission starts. For some reason,  half of them or on the side of the ship that faces the edge of the map so that I lose a turn before they are in position. I'd prefer to start inside the ship over such a starting configuration.

- Standalone radar posts have a too small area in comparison to base radars, especially once you have the improved radars. There should be an upgrade path for them too ?

- Interceptor weapons without ammo (eg laser/particle) can still run out of ammo ?

- Destructible maps: it is mentioned this is not possible because of limitations with the engine. Imagine my surprise then when glass shatters + the fence on one of the maps (japanese ?) can be destroyed, removing my cover.

Thanks for the feedback btw !
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:18:47 pm by beamer145 »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 11:53:20 pm »
- Standalone radar posts have a too small area in comparison to base radars, especially once you have the improved radars. There should be an upgrade path for them too ?

Their main function is to increase the tracking range. As you can build 3 of them by each base, with a big detection range you could quickly cover the whole planet which hurts the game balance.

- Interceptor weapons without ammo (eg laser/particle) can still run out of ammo ?

About the same. A weapon with unlimited ammo unbalance the fight. Also we can say, that the laser weapon uses energy...

- Destructible maps: it is mentioned this is not possible because of limitations with the engine. Imagine my surprise then when glass shatters + the fence on one of the maps (japanese ?) can be destroyed, removing my cover.

There are two major problems with destructible terrain:
* lighting: The game mostly use static lights and shadows. if a wall is destroyed it's shadow would remain.
* routing: A destroyed wall part can open a new passage.

The windows are transparent therefore the lighting problem is solved.
When a window is destroyed the routing table has to be recalculated. This means more breakable entities lead to slower rendering.

-geever

Offline magerg

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 05:20:16 pm »
Hi!

I have a somewhat strange problem with the version 2.4-dev, recently downloaded (ufoai-stable-win32.exe).
It won't start. When I click the shortcut, the screen goes black and my computer locks up completely.

My system is: Windows 7 64bit on Core2 Duo E7300, with AMD HD4850 with the latest 12-3 Catalyst driver.
I cannot provide any log file as ufoai.log is empty.

Note: 2.3.1 runs fine, and I have installed 2.4-dev right beside it. Maybe that is the problem?
COMODO Firewall and AVG Antivirus is also installed, but I doubt this could cause the blackout.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 08:16:36 am »
Hi!

I have a somewhat strange problem with the version 2.4-dev, recently downloaded (ufoai-stable-win32.exe).
It won't start. When I click the shortcut, the screen goes black and my computer locks up completely.

My system is: Windows 7 64bit on Core2 Duo E7300, with AMD HD4850 with the latest 12-3 Catalyst driver.
I cannot provide any log file as ufoai.log is empty.

Note: 2.3.1 runs fine, and I have installed 2.4-dev right beside it. Maybe that is the problem?
COMODO Firewall and AVG Antivirus is also installed, but I doubt this could cause the blackout.

You can try and remove the config.cfg (somewhere in /appdata/UFOAI iirc).

Offline magerg

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 09:39:21 pm »
Oh, it seems the problem was that there were no files in the base directory except ufoconsole.log.
I copied config.cfg and keys.cfg from the 2.3.1 directory, and now 2.4-dev runs too.

Aren't these files supposed to be created at installation/first start?