project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Question About .PK3 Files  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Darkspire

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Question About .PK3 Files
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »
Hi  :)

I am quite enjoying the game but with no disrespect the music is well, to be honest not really in tune with the setting the game portrays.

Saving from within the battlescape...
...is not allowed. This is because saving after killing an alien and loading after losing a soldier is not in the spirit of the game. It takes the fear away: and you should be afraid.

The fear level is lost when im sitting there wondering if my little dudes are at a warehouse rave invaded by aliens  ;D

Anyway, ive found the post for 'can the music be customised' and ive copied and extracted the relevant .pk3 files (0ufos.pk3 and 0music.pk3) ive no problem with editing audio (I mix and do band demos) so was wondering what do you use to repack the file? I opened and extracted them with 7-Zip, but I realise that different programs (Winzip, Winrar etc) have different ways of packing things, I can only presume that one would pack the file with the relevant program and then rename the extension to .pk3, is this correct?

Thanks

Darkspire

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question About .PK3 Files
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:22:38 pm »
You don't actually need to repack the files. The game will read them just fine if they are in the correct location (/base/music/) (/base/ufos).

I believe you're correct that you can just zip the file and rename it, but I'm not sure. Give it a shot and let us know. I think as long as you ZIP it (.zip, not .rar or .7z) it should be fine.