project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alien bullets/Armor piercing rounds  (Read 11188 times)

Offline Quizer

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Alien bullets/Armor piercing rounds
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 05:59:45 pm »
Nice. Now if only they could do the same for sparrowhawks. Two stilettos with sparrowhawks can one-shot a fighter UFO. Then, when they return to base, the workers throw out the six missiles left over out of each reload and fetch a new pack at 1000 credits a pop. No wonder they eat through my stockpile like nobody's business.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »
You can load any compatible ammo into your weapon in the battlescape by opening the equipment window and dragging the ammo into an empty weapon.
yes but you have to open inventary ;)
not that im lazy but sometimes i forget i have more kinds of ammo

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:11 am »
Nice. Now if only they could do the same for sparrowhawks. Two stilettos with sparrowhawks can one-shot a fighter UFO. Then, when they return to base, the workers throw out the six missiles left over out of each reload and fetch a new pack at 1000 credits a pop. No wonder they eat through my stockpile like nobody's business.

This isn't true. Workers don't throw out any rockets. Your interceptor just fires them all to the enemy one-after-another.

-geever

Offline Quizer

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 10:34:05 am »
It doesn't take that many rockets to kill a scout or fighter UFO. A scout has 100 HP, a fighter 150. A sparrowhawk does 30 damage. With two targeting computers installed on the interceptor, there's a good chance for most / all of the missiles to hit, and in the case of the fighter, the ALC finishes off the remaining hitpoints. And yet my stockpile of missiles gets consumed at an alarming rate - if I buy 20 reloads, I find one of my two interceptors out of ammo a week or so later. So no, I don't believe aircraft ammo is conserved in the same way H-Hour described for ground combat ammunition.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 10:46:56 am »
It doesn't take that many rockets to kill a scout or fighter UFO. A scout has 100 HP, a fighter 150. A sparrowhawk does 30 damage. With two targeting computers installed on the interceptor, there's a good chance for most / all of the missiles to hit, and in the case of the fighter, the ALC finishes off the remaining hitpoints. And yet my stockpile of missiles gets consumed at an alarming rate - if I buy 20 reloads, I find one of my two interceptors out of ammo a week or so later. So no, I don't believe aircraft ammo is conserved in the same way H-Hour described for ground combat ammunition.

Yes, the air combat is not fully developed, there should be options for tactics, like in XCOMs, but there aren't. Patches are welcome, as always!

-geever

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 12:59:21 pm »
And pilots gaining experience would be nice + pilot rescue mission.
What does ECM do? I usually have 1 ecm and 1 computer.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:07 pm »
ECM reduces chances of being hit. I use one computer and one ECM too, but later on you gain access to alien ECM that provides bigger bonus.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:50 pm »
And pilots gaining experience would be nice + pilot rescue mission.

Pilots do gain experience in 2.5.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 03:16:35 pm »
Speaking about pilots, I noticed that they gain experience only in targeting and evading, not piloting skill.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 03:34:37 pm »
Speaking about pilots, I noticed that they gain experience only in targeting and evading, not piloting skill.
Yeah I think it's kind of a useless skill. It may improve chance of survival if shot down, but not sure.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 03:49:31 pm »
Pilots do gain experience in 2.5.
Im stil with 2.4 :)

Offline Quizer

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 09:41:45 pm »
That wiki page said the skill / stat that increases / determines survival chance when shot down is supposed to be invisible to the player. And yeah, I've noticed that piloting does not seem to increase. Does it even do anything yet?