project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alien Containment question  (Read 9640 times)

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Alien Containment question
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 03:39:52 pm »
But you don't have 1 entry point...you got at least 3 (as multiple hangars are possible).

And in big bases, whenere your squad cna appear in the living quarters at the back end of the base, and you don't know where the enemy will come fro exactly...by the time you find them the base could be destroyed.
It's not the first time I find aliens reached my reactor room faster than I could (depsite planing my base). If they could have blown it up it would have been a game over.

I'd rahter face more enemies than have more holes in the allready lacking defense.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 03:52:25 pm »
I could probably make a new thread for this, but what hte heck..

How about a base half-tile that can use used to block off passages. It fits into the green square and basicly look like part of a wall with lockers..or just a wall..or a door.
There would be a limit of 1 such tile per block, to prevent one walling off his base.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 04:08:25 pm »
Sorry, I canĀ“t get the point.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »
A block the size and shape as in the picture that can be palced. So you can restrict acess to some sensitive areas a bit more easily.
Not every room needs 4 wide-open entrances

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 03:10:44 pm »
It would make setting bases up a lot easier. And if it could be destroyed or at least opened, it might have some interesting results.
When I first heard about the hidden underground bases in the game, I had an entirely different idea of what I'll be defending.
Hilarity ensued on the first defence.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:13:03 pm by Nutter »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:35 pm »
Is this still about Alien Containment?

-geever

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »
Erm...no?

Offline geisthund

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 02:44:44 pm »
May I point out that if the humans anticipated the attack at all - ie if they saw the ship coming towards the base... then the base would be in lockdown mode - and I wouldn't expect all the entry points to be open? I'd expect a congregation of aliens outside the entry portals trying to cut or blow their way in.

I'd also expect some kind of base security in place for precisely this reason... in 2084 perhaps automated defense systems might be plausible.

Of course if they somehow sneaked in under the radar, then yes, I'd expect the portals to be open, and all my soldiers to be out of uniform on the sun deck by the pool / in the bar / mess / rec room and only two or three sentrys on guard.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 11:37:07 am »
Indeed. I'd love to see that implemented.