project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Harvester Missions Kill Game  (Read 3705 times)

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Harvester Missions Kill Game
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:57 pm »
Hi,

Got a weird problem - the game is fully patched to latest SVN and plays fine but over the last week of so (in the game) I've been getting random issues with harvesting missions. The Geoscape shows an error for it as the screenshot indicates.

No matter which set of grunts I send to the mission, the autocomplete results in mass loss of civilian life and an instant drop from Exhuberant to Happy from all nations, but if I try and play the mission, UFOAI it just freezes. I've attached the log from immediately after CTRL-ALT-DEL'ing out of the game, as well as the savegames that most frequently lead me to these unplayable missions - does anyone else have a problem with these saves?

I've even rebuilt all the maps completely just to see if that had a bearing on it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:36:45 pm by ManicMiner »

Offline balasar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Harvester Missions Kill Game
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:46:17 pm »
See also on bugtacker.

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:13 am »
How odd - if I leave the crashed game running for about 5 minutes despite Task Manager saying it's not responding, the mission eventually loads and I can play it!

Offline zapkitty

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:08:15 am »
That's just "mansion" being "mansion"... huge, elaborate and taking for-fricking-ever to load.

The "error message" on the geoscape is just the default text for a new map. That should be changed by the mapper sometime to reflect the actual map.:)

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:07:32 am »
That's just "mansion" being "mansion"... huge, elaborate and taking for-fricking-ever to load.

The "error message" on the geoscape is just the default text for a new map. That should be changed by the mapper sometime to reflect the actual map.:)

Polite as every time. Thanks. :)

I added the description string in the map definition.

Also, on my System (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, 2 GB RAM. Win XP) it takes not even 2 minutes to load, wich I think is a small price for what you get.   ;)
(Actually, I remember, once upon a time one had to wait more than 10 years to buy a car! Thats something I would call 'for-fricking-ever'.)

But good news : I am still working on some "small" assembly, wich will reduce the size of the map and thus loading time.

Offline fantasy29

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 05:58:26 pm »
Hey!

I had the same problem because I was played on no updated 2.4-dev(its all OK), but when I installed updates on the game and played from saved game it was all wrong... Even new campaing was not fine(Sounds)

I reinstalled the game and the problem were solved.