project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Adding music to "music" file in 0ufos - spacing  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Precisionist

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Adding music to "music" file in 0ufos - spacing
« on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:40 am »
I've added some music to the 0music file, then I've added the file names to the music file inside 0ufos.pk3  The first time I added just 3 songs, and tried to keep the spacing exact as I typed the new filenames into the song lists.  Since it worked, I did it again with even more songs (7 this time) but this time I lost track of the spacing between the text.  Not even sure if it matters, I'm using Winzip to open the pk3 files and notepad to open the "music" file inside 0ufos.  Does the spacing of the song titles showing up in notepad matter?  Or does it just need 1 space minimum in between each title?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Adding music to "music" file in 0ufos - spacing
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:19:21 am »
Do you mean the indentation?

If so just FYI that is a single tab before each song an each song is in a new line, but I think notepad may not like .ufo files and fails to display them properly (judging by how it displays ufoconsole.log).

But if I understand how scripts are parsed, it shouldn't matter, as long as songs are separated form each other by any kind of spacing or a new line (if a song name has a space you should quote it).

Offline Precisionist

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:19:37 am »
The .ogg converter I use automatically puts a _ for each space in the song name, although I also am renaming the files so they are easier to type into the music list.

Any clue how the game choses the music within each music type?  For instance are songs in the front of the list played more?  I'm not looking to replace the existing music, just add to the jukebox so-to-speak.

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:43:09 am »
Or does it just need 1 space minimum in between each title?

Iam not sure if i heard you right but yes - you just cant add them behind each other. So somthing like this will not work:

{   van_geoscapekarlmacklin_geoscapeCrystan-Geosphere04Crystan-Geosphere03Crystan-Geosphere02
}

Btw. the play order is totaly random.

If that doesnt help you, upload your music.ufo as an attachment.