project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feature: Legacy Campaign/Map Mode (maps & campaign)  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Avimimus

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Feature: Legacy Campaign/Map Mode (maps & campaign)
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:09:00 pm »
Hello,

I like the fact that development is proceeding and the random map generation is neat. However, there are a couple of things I'd like back:
- I really liked some of the old smaller hand built maps. I'm not a fan of having of having every battle end inside the blue ship...
- I also really liked how in the 'base defense' missions the enemies spawned all over the place (as did the defenders) which made defense much more confusing and desperate (eg. having to get troops to link up with each other).
- I'm finding that air combat is often quite tedious (although it is sometimes fun, it would be nice to have the choice to turn it off)

If we had an option to return the overall map selection to match earlier releases would be great.

It would also be very cool if the Alien ship had sometimes already left (ie. the Alien party had been dropped off and were awaiting pickup). IMHO, the ships don't provide any fire support or attempt to escape. It would be more immersive if the chance to capture an Alien ship only came up in one out of every five combats (a rare event).

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Feature: Legacy Campaign/Map Mode (maps & campaign)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:11:04 am »
The static campaign will have at least the map repeatition fixed. it is more or less the campaign from 2.2 with the new features of 2.4

Offline zapkitty

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:23:46 am »
The static campaign will have at least the map repeatition fixed. it is more or less the campaign from 2.2 with the new features of 2.4

... when the spiders come down the steps on the far side of the stadium :) ...

Offline Avimimus

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 04:40:19 am »
Okay, I'll try to keep an open mind and go with the flow - but just sayin' if it isn't like 2.1 or 2.2 - I might come back to request such a legacy campaign in the future...  ;D

Thanks for the work guys,